jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Would you vote for a President who is agnostic?

1. Rodric29 profile image76
    Rodric29posted 5 years ago

Would you vote for a President who is agnostic?

With the focus on the presidential hopefuls religion these last few elections we need to consider the possibility of on running who does not believe in God.

2. mikelong profile image70
    mikelongposted 5 years ago

Short answer: Yes, as long as we agreed on other issues. I would not be uncomfortable at all with having officials who have no religion.

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I am from, and live in the UK, so whether the US President is agnostic, Christian, or any other belief is of no relevence.  However in the Uk we have a monarch as the head of state, that monarch also carries the title as the Head of the Church of England.  The monarch must be, outwardly, a practising Anglican, the head of the US does not, I believe, carry this religious burden.  The belief system of the US head of state should have no bearing upon that position.

4. dahoglund profile image81
    dahoglundposted 5 years ago

If he or she were the best person for the job I would not care about their religious beliefs.

5. PhiMaths ATB profile image61
    PhiMaths ATBposted 5 years ago

An agnostic, left-center technocrat is exactly what the country needs right now, not that that is likely to be a possibility in the near future.

6. GoForTheJuggler profile image87
    GoForTheJugglerposted 5 years ago

Absolutely not. Try as people might, they will never remove God from America, nor America from God.

7. melbelle profile image61
    melbelleposted 5 years ago

No, I would not.  This country needs to get Jesus back in our country more instead of trying to kick Him and God out of every aspect of our lives.

working