jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Do you want more or less government involvement in your life as an American?

1. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 5 years ago

Do you want more or less government involvement in your life as an American?

If you are for more government laws, handouts, etc. why? If not, why so? I would like to hear various viewpoints ALL are welcome here.

2. handymanbill profile image82
    handymanbillposted 5 years ago

No,they are involved to much as it is. That is one of the problems. To many laws and trying to be involved. I think that the people in Washington have nothing better to do then to sit in there office and dream up new laws. Heck if they didn't do that then they wouldn't be elected. To much regulation and to many laws.

3. PhiMaths ATB profile image59
    PhiMaths ATBposted 5 years ago

I don't think it's a matter of more or less, but rather what and how obvious. By this I mean, laws and programs should be made simpler and more transparent, and politics and government should do its work quietly in the background.

4. eternals3ptember profile image60
    eternals3ptemberposted 5 years ago

The government needs to be reorganized, not reduced. I like the laws that keep people from selling spoiled meat, paying people 2 dollars an hour, making buildings with cheap materials and keep people from murdering each other, but the laws that fill in the cracks and try to invade your personal life and put you in this quasi-welfare/police state that just reduces people to commonsense-less subjects watched by cameras need to be removed.

Handouts keep people from starving, but I think the government should do what we did during the Depression, but more. Instead of million dollar jets and tanks that we can't use to fight guerrilla terrorist forces, we could try to keep our roads from falling apart first. We're going the way of Rome and it ain't purty

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

Let me put it this way: If I receive no benefit from being taxed, I don't want to pay taxes.

1. eternals3ptember profile image60
      eternals3ptemberposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Amen

6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i want a lot less. being told what i have to do for my own personal safety is an insult to me. us Canadians are taxed to death, having the government more involved would drive me crazy.

7. MrsLWarner profile image67
    MrsLWarnerposted 5 years ago

less federal gov't and more power to the state's.

working