jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Whats your opinion in calling the police?

1. buckey777 profile image71
    buckey777posted 5 years ago

Whats your opinion in calling the police?

Would you call the police if someone was in danger and be called a snitch and hated for it but know the person is safe? Or would you shut your door and stay out of it?

2. donnatru profile image75
    donnatruposted 5 years ago

I will call the police to help someone who is in danger. Battery and domestic violence unfortunatly is common. I wouldn't call the police in  the situation of  hearing  the neighbors argue. There are many variables.  The only opinion you should care about is your opinion of yourself.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i pretty much never call the police but i also never just close my door and stay out of it. i'm the type of person who will stand up to anyone and i will not back down. it's not that i'm a real tough guy, i just don't care about my own safety like so many other people do. not to sound stupid or like a big shot, but not many people will try to mess with me because it isn't a good idea.i would call the police if it involved a little kid doing something because i would never threaten or hurt a kid but other then that, i'd rather take care of it myself or with a couple of phone calls.

4. Brandym2012 profile image62
    Brandym2012posted 5 years ago

Depends on the situation. Many situations can be resolved in a positive matter, well others are impossible. The police are there for a reason for us to call. However, I thinks best to make sure their needed or the situation could back fire.

5. lawrence2012 profile image55
    lawrence2012posted 5 years ago

I would only call the police in the event of an emergency.  If someone is in direct danger and you are aware of it, it is your responsibility to alert the authorities.

6. Danieljohnston profile image86
    Danieljohnstonposted 5 years ago

The police can't tell them who called, so unless you are standing with a phone in your hand or you were the only person for miles I would say it is kind of hard for them to know who called.

If it is domestic abuse, having been a victim I would have loved for someone to have called in, even if I temporarily was angry at them for doing so.

working