This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is a "fair share?" In the current political discourse the term "fair share

1. dahoglund profile image80
    dahoglundposted 6 years ago

What is  a "fair share?" In the current political discourse the term "fair share" is used a lot.

I hear  that the "rich" should pay their "fair share" but I have not heard a definition of what that is.Are others paying a fair share? It seems there should be a standard for what constitutes it.

2. Don Bobbitt profile image94
    Don Bobbittposted 6 years ago

Presently, it is a nice fluffy word that just sounds soooooooooooo good to use.
    I mean, who can argue about the need for something that JUST SOUNDS ..... SO FAIR?
    Now when someone puts some roots on this balloon full of air, maybe we can get it to stand still long enough for a serious inspection and commentary.

dahoglundposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The real point was that one should not talk about fairness without first defining what that consist of. What I think is fair someone else will not.

3. handymanbill profile image80
    handymanbillposted 6 years ago

i learned that when you become an adult that the word Fair No longer has meaning. That there is no such thing as Fair. Its something that Children believe in.
    Whats fair in life? is it fair that your neighbor gets a new car and you can't afford one? You get what you work for. The word "fair' does not apply in life. Nothing can ever be "Fair" no mater what it is someone will complain. Its not Fair.

dahoglundposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think fair has to be an agreed upon standard and it is misleading to talk about it without such an agreement.

working