jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Which sad moments have you experienced in your adult life in recent times?

1. Anjili profile image82
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

Which sad moments have you experienced in your adult life in recent times?

Life is definitely not a happy-go-lucky stream of events.

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

There have been lots of sad moments and recent time is pretty broad time frame.
    The most recent sad moment was when I lost the job I held for 22 years without any explanation. I was given a generous severance package, and we manage our money well, but getting insurance in a problem.

If you want to go back to March 3, 2008, it was getting the phone call from the hospital that may son had been in an accident. We had no idea how bad it was until he got there. He sustained a brain injury, damage to his spleen, damage to his left eye (he was already legally blind) and damage to his left ear, plus other assorted injuries. We were told he might not survive the surgery and when he did, the night was in question. It was days before we knew if he could talk or had movement in his arms and legs--had been under heavy sedation. He survived and recovered well. Still has issues, but we are grateful to have him.

1. teaches12345 profile image95
      teaches12345posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Just had to say how sorry I am for your suffering, Larry. My husband recently lost his job of over 32 years with a company. Same story, but he's having to put out a lot of resumes lately and wait it out. Best wishes and prayers!

2. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have an interview tomorrom. It is the most promising one in 17 months.

3. Anjili profile image82
      Anjiliposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Best wishes Mr. Wall

3. Angela Blair profile image81
    Angela Blairposted 5 years ago

The loss of loved ones is a tremendous burden on each and every one of us and we've all experienced that. My most recent traumatic sadness occurred when someone murdered the Indians' White Buffalo Calf which was sacred to Indian beliefs. I felt a great personal loss and still do. Evil in any form is sadness personified.

4. raquelpier profile image73
    raquelpierposted 5 years ago

Finding out my husband of 18 years was gay and having to tell our teenge sons was one of the saddest days of my life. I loved him and was so in love, I struggled with what to do with those feelings. It's not as though one just falls out of love or stops loving someone just because that person is unable to love them back in the same way...finding out less than a year after my father lost his battle with cancer only added to my grief. The past few years have been difficult-but I am hopeful, and looking forward to better times to come! wink

5. feenix profile image62
    feenixposted 5 years ago

During the many years I have resided on this planet, I have had a very large number of sad moments. And one of the recent ones was when my little 14-year-old feline pal, Barney, passed away from this realm.

6. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

In the past year I knew a bright young friend of a friend who was murdered because some young girls were trying to talk to the victim and rebuffed the killer. In court the young murderer of another young man said that he had three young kids to go home to, as if the life he took did not matter and he was above the system to face the consequences of his jealous & angry actions. He was arrested REFEREEING A CHILDREN'S FOOTBALL GAME. Just a couple days ago, I asked a question about the killer's comment here on HP. I hope he rots in jail for the rest of his life.

working