jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you experienced being bullied as an adult?

1. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

Have you experienced being bullied as an adult?

We always hear about children being bullied in school, but often it goes more unnoticed as an adult. Bullying is often replaced with words like "harassment" which gives a legal sounding edge to it. But what about when there cannot be a legal edge to it, and there is just genuine fear of the Bully?

2. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

This is common in many workplaces, professional or not. I had to step in one day and ask another woman to back off because she a colleague vicious names because her boyfriend looked at the woman for a bit longer than what she would have liked.

At first I was shocked and didn't want to say anything, but after a couple of times it bothered me because the same woman calling names seemed to go out of her way to be nice in front of our boss and whenever the boss wasn't around the nonsense started.

Needless to say I didn't make a friend out of the bully, but I never witnessed any other incident and our colleague said it stopped after that.

3. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

Yes, 3 times this year in significant ways. (I'm 51 years old, and I run my own business.) A contractor did damage to a project, then bullied to be paid anyway. My father bullied me yesterday, and does this occasionally. And I was bullied out of a training program I had invested two years of my life in. This last one was an incident of mobbing, that is, adult workplace bullying, which is a common phenomenon. I heal my own fear by accepting that others have power in this world, but that no one has power over my inner spirit.

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

Once in my old job, the office had been split in half because the way two staff members treated the rest of us. They got away with everything. I constantly complained to management and eventually, when one of the two saw that their efforts were not going to achieve the desired results, the person left and things returned to a more civil nature--not perfect, but better.

5. Sue St. Clair profile image72
    Sue St. Clairposted 5 years ago

An examination of the differences between bullying and shunning. Confusing the two often lead to many misunderstandings. read more

6. greeneryday profile image79
    greenerydayposted 5 years ago

Yes I had, so I keep this principle in mind, which is don't let anybody to push you around, because we have the same right to have peaceful life and do whatever we want to do as long as we doesn't break any law or regulation or perhaps creating any harm to anyone

working