jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do Chinese leaders criticize the U.S. but still send their children to colle

1. Paul Kuehn profile image95
    Paul Kuehnposted 5 years ago

Why do Chinese leaders criticize the U.S. but still send their children to colleges in the States?

Many Chinese Communist leaders in high positions denounce U.S. values, but they still send their children to U.S. colleges and even elite universities like Harvard.  Isn't it contradictory for the Chinese government leaders to do this?

2. ronaknky profile image59
    ronaknkyposted 5 years ago

nobody can understand the chinese mindset .....!!!!!!

3. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

Just to boast and show off....and make public in America the SUPERIOR intellgence of Oriental people.  They're well aware of their inherent genius.  It's clear  we have the very best Universities, as well.

4. maxoxam41 profile image74
    maxoxam41posted 5 years ago

It is a mistake to believe that the United-States have the best education and logically the best teachers! When you compare European and American education, the European prevails quality wise. I think it is seen as prestigious to send your kids to the U.S., and that is it for the compliment.

5. Edwin Clark profile image76
    Edwin Clarkposted 5 years ago

Maybe their children come to the US for school because we owe them so much money. Kidding aside, like maxomaxam says Chinese politicians do believe that sending their children to the US for school is more prestigious. Especially when it's an Ivy League school. By the way, I don't think it's right to refer to the Chinese as oriental. Not to be nit picky but I believe the term 'oriental' is for referring to objects of Asian origins..