School Choice

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (60 posts)
  1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years ago

Will we ever free ourselves of government schools?

If not today, when?

PS They used to be known as public schools where kids were happily learning many things under the guidance of caring, knowledgeable teachers.

1. The0NatureBoy profile image57
      The0NatureBoyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The only way to free ourselves from "governmental schools" is learn how to "objectively observe, participate to discover various outcomes for reasoning then being able to explain your findings to others" as edu (= bring forth forth from within) and cate (= communicating it to others). The means of doing that is to "objectively" consider everything you have learned in any form of school (= conditioned to follow leadership even to one's own demise) to be in error and explore for oneself to determine if it is.

2. James A Watkins profile image84
      James A Watkinsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Only 1/3 of parents surveyed say they prefer to send their children to our government run schools. The schools have morphed over the years into the indoctrination arm of the Democratic Party. School Choice is the answer. The Left is for choice in everything under the sun except education. To the Left the schools are a jobs program and brainwashing centers. That is why we don't have School Choice already even though 67& of parents want it. What happened to 'We the People'?

1. Credence2 profile image79
        Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

A fundamental reality is the need for EQUAL education opportunity, otherwise your plutocratic reasoning will find only the wealthy handfull attending the best school so that all the rest are relegated to the one room school house.

No way, I fight the Right as needed to prevent them from introducing feudalism to America

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That seems to be a common mantra of the liberal crowd: everyone must be at the bottom so as to be "equal".  Extra effort may not be applied to better ones self or ones children.

It seems a pretty sure fire method of producing mediocrity.  Or worse.

1. gmwilliams profile image82
            gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Facts are facts:   socioeconomic class is a STRONG FACTOR in what type of education a child will get.    The poorer classes, with some exceptions, will receive the most inferior education while the affluent classes will receive the most superior education.

2. profile image0
          promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. If someone wants to send their kid to a better school, they already have the right to pay for a private school.

In a democracy, public means equal.

+1000000000000000000000000000000.

3. gmwilliams profile image82

Here we go yet again.  The government doesn't owe us anything.  It is the RESPONSIBILITY of the PARENTS or GUARDIANS to provide the best possible education for their children.    To put it BLUNTLY, if parents cannot provide for their children socioeconomically, then DON'T have children.   Why do poor people expect EVERYONE to take care of them when it is THEIR responsibility!  This argument is beginning to become old.   If one sees that h/she can't provide for children emotionally, intellectually, financially, & psychologically, then DON'T HAVE CHILDREN PERIOD- SIMPLE ISN'T IT!

Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years agoin reply to this

... apparently, we just can't understand what happens when we have sex.

Even you advocate for free sex. Yet slip-ups occur all the time. I ask you, gmwilliams: Is it so hard to abstain until one WANTS and is willing to take care of a child?

One has to be intelligent & responsible when having sex.   There is such a thing as preventives.  There is also such a thing as planning & using contraceptives & other protectives until one can afford children.  However, this information is wasted upon the poor & less educated in America.  They are mindless & believe in instant gratification, not being in the least concerned of the ramifications of their actions in the future.   More affluent & educated people, however, are quite cognizant of the benefits of family planning & waiting until opportunities are in sync emotionally, intellectually, mentally, psychologically, & socioeconomically before having children.   Poor people just don't care, they just BREED while middle class & above plan very carefully before having children- also they have SMALL families while poor people have LARGE families.

2. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

And yet they WILL have children.  Children they cannot afford to house, feed or educate.

And the children will pay the price for that inability.  Is that what we want, where we are as a nation?  Unwilling to provide for small children that really ARE incapable of doing so for themselves?

1. MizBejabbers profile image88
              MizBejabbersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are correct that a lot of welfare queens have children. I find it a sad statement that a certain class of young women all seem to be competing to see how fast they can have a baby before they turn 18, and their mother's are condoning it.

However, think about the established couple who can afford to have children. They happily have a couple of kids and all of a sudden their world comes crashing down. He loses his job and she gets cancer. I hope you are not speaking of people like them.

Back in the 1960s, the subject of overpopulation was on most thinking people's minds. It appalled many people when Luci Johnson Nugent (President Lyndon Johnson's daughter) flaunted her wealth by making the statement (after having her 4th baby) that she and her then-husband, Patrick, could have all the children they wanted because they could afford them. Many people were struggling to bring their own two replacement humans up at the time, and thought it was very unfeeling and arrogant to make such a statement.

2. gmwilliams profile image82

Money talks- the only way that one can afford private education is to be at least solidly middle class & above.  No poor parent can afford school choice as better public schools won't accept children from certain neighborhoods.   Poor parents have to be content w/the quality of education that public schools provide.

3. gmwilliams profile image82

It ISN'T public schools per se.  It is all dependent upon many factors & variables.  Public school in middle, upper middle, & upper class neighborhoods have superior facilities, books, & educators whereas in lower, working, & lower middle class neighborhoods, public schools have inferior facilities, books, & educators.   Poorer neighborhoods have WORSE schools while affluent neighborhoods have BETTER schools.

And this is because, if the other states fund education like my state does, the per capita funding per child is not equal throughout the state. The areas with the most money have the most money to spend per child.  In Arkansas for many years the wealthier school districts were in the counties with electric generating plants (nuclear and coal) and in a couple of counties that had oil. Now you conservatives should appreciate that since you advocate the rich keeping the money they earned, so it is kept in the areas in which it is earned. In the counties with the most poor populations, the schools basically "root hog or die" as the old saying goes. But it is kind of ironic that the wealthiest public schools (which are usually the highest rated) also have the most population who can afford to send their children to private schools.
        I haven't researched it lately to see which counties have the wealthier school districts.

4. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You want government free schools? They already exist. They're called private schools. Feel free to participate in one.

I know where I grew up the one available had low test scores, minimal acceptance into accredited universities and colleges and lack luster performance after graduation but it did allow parents to rail gleefully against public education. So, there was that.

1. profile image0
        promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

LOL. I assume it was profitable, so the owners were gleeful too.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
          Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wrong. It wasn't profitable. May be now, I have no idea. They were one of the 'midnight raider' counties. Where they hit the county after hours and took massive amounts to start these schools. It's a dark moment in their history.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I shudder to think what the world would be like without government funding of education.

The more affluent can afford private education for their children.  Government schools will be the province of lower income parents who can't afford a great education for their children.  With lower income people depending upon public schools, public schools are going to become...…..MUCH, MUCH WORSE-GET USED TO IT!

3. MizBejabbers profile image88
    MizBejabbersposted 5 years ago

I must disagree with the statements made by the two Republican capitalist thinking people whom I just read. I agree that when schools became integrated, the opportunity for black children should have paced them up with the white children rather than bringing the white children down to their education level. I am NOT being racist because I heard a black principal at a local high school say the same thing, and I'm just agreeing with him. He was lamenting the fact that public schools had deteriorated educationally in the last half century or so.

If only private schools, or non-government-funded schools, had existed then, my siblings and I would not have gotten much of an education. There are more people like me in the U.S.A. than there are people who can afford private schools. And as far as "conservative-value" school vouchers go, that is just another way of getting the government to pay for their religious indoctrination private schools. I'll bet it would be difficult to get vouchers to send your children to Montessori school or other schools of that type.

1. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, this reality as you explain it goes over the heads of most conservatives

Yes, I think most of them are just sour-graping the fact that public schools aren't allowed to indoctrinate the children with their one-sided religious views like Creation science, sex education taught as abstinence only, and even some bible classes. I see posts lamenting that prayer has been removed from schools. However, when it was mandatory to have a five-minute bible reading and prayer session (when I was in school) most of the students sighed and ignored that five minutes. It was time misspent because the children did not appreciate it. My peers were children from Christian homes, not Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist or Vudun or the like.

2. gmwilliams profile image82

To reiterate, socioeconomic class is a strong determinant as to what type of education a child will receive.    Public schools in lower income areas provide inferior education while public schools in affluent areas provide excellent or at least a superior education.    Affluent parents can also send their children to PRIVATE schools while poor parents CAN'T...…...

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

"Teachers' unions in the United States are very opposed to school choice. School choice measures are criticized as profiteering in an under-regulated environment. Charter authorization organizations have non-profit status; and contract with related for-profit entities with public funding. Some reports indicate that the New Markets Tax Credit allows double returns on charter school related investments. Reports indicate that charters create organizational arms that profit by charging high rent and that while the facilities are used as schools, there are no property taxes. Other reports indicate bankers, hedge fund types and private equity investors, gathered in New York to hear about opportunities at Capital Roundtable's conference on "private equity investing in for-profit education companies" which involve the collection of an individual's property taxes. Walton Foundation has also held charter school investment conferences featuring Standard & Poor's, Piper Jaffray, Bank of America, and Wells Capital Management.

Public school entities are chiefly concerned that these school choice measures are taking funding away from public schools and therefore depleting their already strained resources. Other opponents of certain school choice policies (particularly vouchers) have cited the Establishment Clause and individual state Blaine amendments, which forbid, to one degree or another, the use of direct government aid to religiously affiliated entities. This is of particular concern in the voucher debate because voucher dollars are often spent at parochial schools.

Some school choice measures are criticized by public school entities, organizations opposed to church-state entanglement, and self-identified liberal advocacy groups. Known plaintiffs who have filed suit to challenge the constitutionality of state sponsored school choice laws are as follows: School Boards Associations, Public School Districts, Federations for Teachers, Associations of School Business Officials, Education Associations/Associations of Educators (unions for public school teachers), the American Civil Liberties Union, Freedom From Religion Foundation, and People for the American Way.

There is evidence that school choice programs reduce housing prices, and that they do so in high-performing districts more than in low-performing districts."

FROM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_choice

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

"The role of the federal government in education is limited and indirect. Direct control of education is a power reserved to the states under the Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution because the Constitution does not explicitly or implicitly give the federal government authority to regulate education.

HOWEVER any public or private school that accepts educational funding from the federal government, including participation in collegiate federal financial aid programs (such as Pell Grants and Stafford Loans), by accepting the funds or participating in a particular federal program, subjects itself to FEDERAL JURIDICTION to the extent of that participation.

The United States Department of Education supervises the role of the federal government in education.

Direct regulation of public, private and parochial schools is done by state and territorial governments, in Washington, D.C., by the District Government.

Broad regulation of public schools is typically accomplished through a state education agency and a state department of education.

There is usually a state superintendent of schools, who is appointed or elected to co-ordinate the state department of education, the state board of education, and the state legislature itself. Statewide education policies are disseminated to school "districts" or their equivalents. They are associated with counties, or with groups of counties, but their boundaries are not necessarily coterminous with county boundaries. The intermediate school districts encompass many local school districts. The local school districts operate with their own local boards, which oversee operations of the individual schools within their jurisdiction.

In most states, the county or regional "intermediate" school districts merely implement state education policy and provide the channels through which a local district communicates with a state board of education, state superintendent, and department of education. They do not establish county or regional policies of their own.

Local school districts are administered by local school boards, which operate public elementary and high schools within their boundaries. Public schools are often funded by local taxpayers, and most school boards are elected. However, some states have adopted new funding models that are not dependent upon the local economy.

The Seward School, Seattle, Washington.
    Public schools are provided mainly by local governments. Curricula, funding, teaching, and other policies are set through locally elected school boards by jurisdiction over school districts. The school districts are special-purpose districts authorised by provisions of state law. Generally, state governments set minimum standards relating to almost all activities of elementary and high schools, as well as funding and authorisation to enact local school taxes to support the schools, primarily through real property taxes. The federal government funds aid to states and school districts that meet minimum federal standards. School accreditation decisions are made by voluntary regional associations."

FROM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_school

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

"The Constitution grants the federal government certain powers, and the Tenth Amendment reminds us that any powers not granted to the federal government 'are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.' "  Wikipedia

Enter Common Core!
    "The Common Core State Standards Initiative is an educational initiative from 2010 that details what K–12 students *throughout the United States* SHOULD know in English language arts and mathematics at the conclusion of each school grade." wikipedia

(Caps mine.)

"The initiative is sponsored by the National Governors Association (NGA) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) and seeks to establish CONSISTANT educational standards ACROSS the states as well as ENSURE that students graduating from high school are prepared to enter credit-bearing courses at two- or four-year college programs OR to enter the WORKFORCE."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfRJx6x764U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49YUTlysVO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl6Batr2IVA

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
  8. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

I agree, if she, (and her husband) wanted to have children and could afford them, why not?
    I don't think she was arrogant. Just giddy with good luck.

Because, THINK ABOUT IT, the worry then was world overpopulation. Today 50 years later, the worry is about the world running out of food and resources. Think of how many descendants those extra children are going to add to the world. How many more mouths to feed, how many more children to educate, how many more children to be consumers.

BTW, I worked with a lady who was helping her grandmother celebrate a milestone birthday. At the family reunion, the genealogy count was that this lady had 1,009 direct descendants, possibly a record for a living person. These descendants included her father's 19 children. She was the oldest, and the rest were by his second wife, all 18 of them. He owned his own business and made an enviable living, but the family still qualified for welfare. Get my point?

If course, Republicans always defend the rich. They never think about how sometimes the rich do fall from grace and join the ranks of the common people or even the poor. The Johnson family has not yet done that, but if they ever do, how many people are going to have sympathy for them?

Usually, the family members from these homes thrive and help one another. The children absorb the work ethic from their parents and others such as relatives, teachers and employers. In turn, they are more likely to become teachers, managers and business owners who educate, hire and train others.

And how dare you use the terms "Common People" and "The Poor." Everybody knows these terms indicate static CLASS distinction. In America, we are free of class distinctions, due to equal opportunity as provided by laws /The US Constitution.

People have their economic up and downs; especially in the beginning. Thankfully, once one is up (and the longer one is up,) the road toward success and prosperity takes a steady course. It takes self-discipline and the unwavering determination of personal motivation and ambition. Naturally, a positive direction, once established, continues in a positive direction.

But in the ensuing climate, the government could derail We The People with over-regulation, over-taxation and socialistic policies/ideologies of robbing the rich and handing over to "the poor." In these ways, government tyranny could rob us of the motivation and momentum which comes from step by step progress.

9. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

She was in a position to have as much bed-romping as she wanted.
    Unmarried females (or those with no nest) ... not so much.

10. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

A NEST and a consistent inflow of M O N E Y is required before having any kind of sex whatsoever!
    Girls need to demand more FOR themselves
    and demand more OF themselves.

11. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Ideally, until the US government takes it's grubby controlling hands off education, we should refuse to bring forth any more children. Why have a child just to hand it over to the government?

W H Y ? ? ?

12. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Mothers need to demand MORE for their children.

And from whom are they going to demand this?

Themselves first, their significant others second,
        and the government third.

I say:
        It is illegal for the federal government to control or have any say whatsoever in regards to public education, as per the tenth amendment.

We need to get RID of the US Department of Education.

13. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

D E M A N D!  There is the strength women need.

14. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
  15. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Its a matter of $$$$$ funding.
    The Common Core Curriculum web is sticky evil and needs to stop being spun. Every child a fly.

16. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

ESSA, Every Student Succeeds Act, became the new FEDERAL education LAW of The Land:
    https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/bl … eft-behind

"As the President has said, education is the civil rights issue of our time. Every American deserves an equal opportunity to succeed, so every child in America -- regardless of zip code -- deserves a fair shot at a great education."

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/bl … eft-behind

17. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Yay, Obama.
    Now our education system is detrimental to the psyches of children and teachers alike.

http://www.institute4learning.com/2018/ … s-schools/

18. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

"Parents who care about those things, ("reading for pleasure, the formation of character, the defense of civilization, immersion in classics, piety within a tradition, and learning for the joy of it – the very things that have no cash value in Gates’ educational universe,") have opted out of the school system being leveraged and controlled by persons like Gates.

They have decided there is a rich heritage they should pass on to their children, that a life well-lived is more important than economic productivity, and that enriching character matters more than economic wealth.

"Its a pity that children in our public schools won’t get the same care; rather, they will be exploited in an “evolving” system that serves entrenched interests but not the students."

https://www.philanthropydaily.com/gates … mmon-core/

19. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

"the federal government is taking control away from the states and centralizing educational decisions at the federal level. This power grab removes decision making from states, local school boards, and ultimately from parents. It’s about controlling the agenda, and the agenda is more than reading, writing, and arithmetic."

https://heav.org/virginia-homeschool-la … -part-one/

20. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago

... now here in California schools are opening up in September.
    But every student will have to wear a mask. Think about it. What will it do to the psyches of children?
    How would YOU have felt in school doing everything the teacher asks ...
    with a  M A S K  On Your Face!!!! yikes!

In a news release directly following the CDC’s announcement, state health officials said that because California cannot ensure that 3-foot recommendation at every school, it will keep mask mandates in effect for all students and teachers, regardless of vaccination status.
    The state plans to issue comprehensive guidance for school reopenings Monday, it said.

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavirus … rylink=cpy

1. Sharlee01 profile image89
      Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Time for parents to step up, organize and protest Gaven Newsom's emergency powers need to be taken away as was the power of the Governor in Michigan. 

This is a misuse of power, and it's time to say NO!  Parents should protest and keep their children out of schools where they are ordered to wear masks.  Time to take a stand. America is in trouble and if you want to keep our freedoms we stand up for them...

"Think about it. What will it do to the psyches of children?
      How would YOU have felt in school doing everything the teacher asks ...
      with a  M A S K  On Your Face"

Don't ask how will children feel, stop the problem could keep the children out of the schools. We the parents are responsible to keep our children from harm...  Don't send them is to schools where they will suffer hrm.

And in regards to teachers ---  they are attempting to take the parent's decision-making away. We pay their salaries... They work for us... Time to let them know just that.  We make sessions for our children, we decide what our children learn in schools. Time to take the power back.

21. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

"Gov. Gavin Newsom signed Thursday a comprehensive rewrite of the charter school law that will expand the authority of local school boards to reject new charter schools while requiring that they more clearly justify their reasons for doing so.

"Newsom’s staff negotiated the revisions during weeks of tense discussions with organizations that for years have been battling over the growth of charter schools in California. But at the signing ceremony for Assembly Bill 1505, the leaders of the two main antagonists, the California Teachers Association and the California Charter Schools Association, stood side by side next to him, smiled appreciatively and thanked the governor for a compromise that contains elements they like."

Devil is in the details.

22. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

"Calling the law a significant achievement, Newsom said,

'This is what policy-making is about — the nitty-gritty work of moving the needle and making a difference for millions of kids.'  (How so?) They had been affected, he said, by disputes over charter schools 'that continued to fester and became front and center in our education debate.'

”https://edsource.org/2019/new-era-for-charter-schools-newsom-signs-bill-with-compromises-he-negotiated/618099

23. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

"With California’s two-year moratorium on authorizing new nonclassroom-based charter schools ending at the close of 2021, state legislators will need to use the 2021 legislative session to develop a more permanent solution to the sector’s enduring problems. (which are?) This report finds that nonclassroom-based charter schools – and those delivering education primarily online, in particular – provide an inferior quality of education. (Easy to say hard to prove?) Adding insult to injury, the state is wasting hundreds of millions of dollars a year by funding these schools at a level far above their costs. (wasting?) Additionally, analysis shows that the state’s school system is already oversaturated with nonclassroom-based charter schools."( And?)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educatio … -charters/

24. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

"The Governor’s California Comeback Plan proposes to permanently expand summer and after-school programs at all schools serving the highest concentrations of vulnerable students, beginning with $1 billion in the 2021-22 school year and growing to $5 billion by 2025. The Plan also proposes a return to full-time in-person instruction for the 2021-22 school year."

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2021/06/07/calif … -campaign/

25. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Thank You! I had no solution! I was presenting the reality by isolating the difficulty.
    Thank you, thank you for what you have offered:

The Solution.

Thank You!

26. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Every mother needs to keep their children out of the local government school, which in California, has become a place of indoctrination
    as well as a detainment center to hold children before / after school and all summer ...

27. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Basically, it is a bad time to even have children if you cannot afford private school.

28. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Consider: If both parents must work, how will they even be able to home-school their children?

29. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

A revolution in education must happen immediately.

30. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Keep the totalitarian state at bay!

1. Sharlee01 profile image89
      Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Gaven's term is up in 2023 --- Hopefully, he is sent out looking for a new job. Cna' even imagine many would want to keep him around for another term. And hopefully, many parents will make their voices heard.

Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years agoin reply to this

No, they won't.
        And I agree, this crowd pleasing governor will not be recalled and he may even be reelected.
        And why? because of utter complacency of the many and take a look at the gathering (literally) majority.

31. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

It would be nice if we could be pleasantly surprised, I'll say!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)