jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why do you think Eric Holder ordered the Shabazz case closed?

1. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

Why do you think Eric Holder ordered the Shabazz case closed?

Shabazz made national news in 2008 when Department of Justice brought a voter intimidation suit against him & a NBPP accomplice. They got in trouble for wearing Black Panther uniforms & brandishing a police-style baton outside a Philadelphia precinct during the Presidential election. Shabazz was charged on violations to the Voting Rights Act. But on May 29, 2009, against the advice of prosecutors who had worked on the case, the Department of Justice ordered the suit dropped, even though Shabazz and the other defendants in the case refused to appear in federal court.  Why?

2. S Leretseh profile image61
    S Leretsehposted 5 years ago

Eric Holder was forced by the republicans to appear before Congress and provide a legal reason why he dropped the Black Panther case. While before Congress he referred to "my people."  He's the ONLY US Attorney General to ever refer to his people. It was a despicable comment coming from the US Attorney General. The "my people" comment was in reference how his people had allegedly suffered historically in America.  It was designed to elicit pity and get a double standard. It also showed he was quite willing to play racial favorites, that is when he was dealing with his own people.

3. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

Because Eric Holder is a corrupt, racist bigot who puts his boss's political interests above all else, including the law he swore faithfully to uphold but routinely trashes.

4. tmbridgeland profile image82
    tmbridgelandposted 5 years ago

Because he is a racist. Simple as that. That is far from the only case he has dropped.

5. profile image0
    Chris Hughposted 5 years ago

Thus is scary and I can't find anything on google news about it.

6. Grams Study profile image61
    Grams Studyposted 5 years ago

I am not familiar with this subject  Will try to read up on it and form an opinion