jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you really care about others?

1. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

Do you  really care about others?

On a day to day basis we read about ( or come in contact with) many new people  If you read about  or know of something that has happened to someone else, good or )bad, does it cause to take some kind of action?To do something for another or to share the 'good' news.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6743081_f260.jpg

2. Lions Den Media profile image60
    Lions Den Mediaposted 5 years ago

How do you mean "take action" and "care about others"? Timothy McVeigh took action on what he thought was a wrong, because he cared about what the government did to others. Benedict Arnold took action. People run around wearing ribbons which is intended to show how much more they "care" than those not wearing a ribbon.

I believe it is most important to lead your own life morally and ethically and stand up for those that cannot stand tall for themselves. And it is about your character. If you strive to be the best that you can be and to leave a positive legacy then you've done more to better society and help others than anyone wearing a ribbon and acting as if they care.

Perhaps Rudyard Kipling states it best in the poem "IF".

3. ComfortB profile image86
    ComfortBposted 5 years ago

Yes! As a follower of Jesus Christ, 'who went about doing good', I do really care about others. And daily strive to make a difference for good in the lives of those I encounter.

My favorite song to sing with my family during our morning devotions is this,

Out on the highways and byways of life,
    Many are the weary and sad;
    Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife,
    Making the sorrowing glad. 

Make me a blessing, make me a blessing;
    Out of my life may Jesus shine.
    Make me a blessing, O Saviour I pray,
    Make me a blessing to someone today.

This song is a reminder everyday that we are put on this earth for a purpose, we can choose to be a blessing, or an hinderance (curse) to those we meet.

I daily make the choice, by God's special grace, to be a blessing to others through caring and loving.

4. profile image0
    3cardmonteposted 5 years ago

I care about others. I am training to be a counsellor and I volunteer in a domestic violence women's shelter. But caring about others doesn't necessarily make you a good person.

5. handymanbill profile image80
    handymanbillposted 5 years ago

Some time you need to take action and sometime they just want someone to listen to. good things happen to people and bad things happen. You should always feel empathy for people.

6. profile image0
    detroitmareposted 5 years ago

I tend to care for those who care for me, but people who are only into themselves could fall of the face of the earth without notice.  I take action when it comes time to defend my friends and family, animals, and people who are not capable of defending themselves.

7. MelissaKA profile image70
    MelissaKAposted 5 years ago

I care about other people and I have difficulty not helping others when I'm able, even if it is to my own detriment. It actually causes problems in my close relationships.

Helping, as pointed out by handymanbill, can be actually taking action and it can also be just spending time listening. I've said before and I'll say again, every human being has a rich back story full of just as many twists and turns, good days and bad, as my own. No person is unworthy of help, its just harder to give it to some.

working