You Don't Care!

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (45 posts)
  1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years ago

But I do care!
    I care about personal strength, responsibility and capability.
    I care about YOU having the freedom to choose YOUR goals, interests, ambitions, and follow YOUR motivations.

... and YOU, who say that to me, know who YOU are!

1. gmwilliams profile image82
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There are those who care about their human potential, strength, responsibility, capability, education, & socioeconomic success.

https://hubstatic.com/12696879.jpg

Then there are OTHERS who could care less about their human potential, strength, responsibility, capability, education, & socioeconomic success.  They love being MIRED in their predicament, even reveling in it!
      https://hubstatic.com/12185479.jpg
      HIGH ………...or ……...LOW
      What CHOICE will YOU make?

1. The0NatureBoy profile image56
        The0NatureBoyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My Photo shows I appear to want the low and that is because I wasn't "educated to my needs" until I took that "low" path  -- I'm supposing you are calling the low  the smaller photo.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image56

I didn't say that to you but:
      I do care that our nation is not following the dictate of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence, it that wasn't the case all that you care about you would access to.

Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years agoin reply to this

... if that wasn't the case, we would have access to all you care about.

How so?

Exactly.

I am curious to read your response here. Don't tell me to go read a hub.

Look at your words "I care about personal strength, responsibility and capability.
          I care about YOU having the freedom to choose YOUR goals, interests, ambitions, and follow YOUR motivations."

Who is stopped you from obtaining any of them except the Governors by violating the constitution saying School is THE place to get an education when education means "objectively observing, participating to determine various outcomes for reasoning and being able to explain to others" which is directed from within oneself. When we are schooled we are told boy the governing system the limits of our "goals, interests, ambitions and is not allowed to follow individual motivations" where as if we were had the "liberty" to educate ourselves we would determine those things from our within and not told them from an outside source.

Public school education has become: "THE place to get an education." 

Well, yes, because its "free." (through taxation.)

Education should mean: "'... objectively observing and participating to determine various outcomes based on reason and the ability to explain things to others.' (why is your explanation in quotes? I like it! smile), which is (best) directed from within oneself."

Self-guided education is possible in a prepared, teacher-created environment which provides learning activities, or a work environment which includes an employer, or a boss, where mentoring occurs.

"In school, the message is, "Boy, the governing system limits your ability to follow your own goals, interests and ambitions. You not are allowed to pursue them, so don't even think about it."

Why is this the case? Because of the nature of working with the PUBLIC in a free school system. You have many different types of people from different backgrounds. The teacher must hold the attention of every single one of them. Unfortunately, delivering a lesson in an inspiring and motivating manner is not always effective, for a multitude of reasons, as we all know from our own experiences in classrooms. So, to maintain control of the classroom, the teacher amps up her aggressive show of authority. She raises her mean-voice and issues punishments, such as bad grades and referral slips to the AP's office.

Men probably have an easier time as teachers because a masculine force usually commands greater respect. Woe to the male teacher who is not in the habit of behaving in an authoritative manner and does not command respect.

"... where, if we had the "liberty" to educate ourselves, we could determine those things from within and not be told from without."

While liberty fosters true learning for the individual, it guarantees nothing. We are always in need of learning how to guide our wills. For this we need good role models, guides and teachers on some level. The level I am suggesting is more of a behind the scenes level, rather than an out in front talk-talk / lecture-lecture one.

Public school is the place to become schooled "to follow the leaders' directions even into a war where one might loose heir life [me to Viet Nam]" and in this nation they all have in violation to the constitution since the condition which got us into them were done up by the USA. like you said, it isn't free, our parent's taxes pay for it and they or the child pays to be schooled [not educated] to obey leaders by colleges and universities.

Everything in life is designed to educated, if it is against our bodies we will regurgitate, if it make us temporarily "high" the body is determining what it's benefits are, that has been my experiences in consumptions. Our problem is we were brainwashed from our mother's womb to believe in good/evil, right/wrong, devil/god, dislike/like and the multitude of other judgmental adjectives she used daily. Without being bombarded with them we would never have believed "I can/can't" about anything but explore and decide for ourselves if it is or isn't for us.

There are many plants I was told are poisoned but I still alive after ingesting them. I've notice some products will say "not for oral use" that I have ingested and it benefitted me rather than hurt me. That's why I trust doctors as far as I can spit them but can't get them n my mouth.

Our being bombarded with "you will freeze to death" and "you'll have a heat stroke" cause us not to test ourselves in different weather conditions, yet, I have been in as cold as 3 degrees "F" and 110 degrees "F" as you see me in my photo without neither freezing nor a heat stroke.

Those are examples of what schooling including college does, scars us into obedience so we will not dare educate [objectively bring forth from within ourselves via participation and reasoning] ourselves.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Thanks gm.

Do You care about the illegals who are here taking advantage of our apparent liberal policies which shelter them from deportation? And provide all they need to survive?
    and discourage doing the right thing, which is to turn them in?

Do you care about single women who find themselves pregnant and can't afford an abortion?

Do you care about those who can't make a living and can't feed themselves or their families?

If you don't want high taxes, you don't care.

3. gmwilliams profile image82
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

People have to learn to take care of themselves.  That is what MATURE people DO.  They take care of themselves & their families(if they have children).  They DON'T expect the government & others to care for them.  They plan & strategize to get the most out of life.  They think & act RESPONSIBLY & LOGICALLY.   They think before they act.  They care about their future welfare & that of their descendants...………….
    https://hubstatic.com/13040312.jpg

On the contrary, IMMATURE people don't/won't take care of themselves. They EXPECT, even DEMAND that the government & others care for them & their families(if they have children).  They REFUSE to plan & strategize to get the most out of life.  They act before they think.  They oftentimes think & act SELFISHLY, without considering the ramifications of their acts.  They could care less about their future welfare & that of their descendants.  They act IRRATIONALLY  & IMPULSIVELY...…………...
    https://hubstatic.com/13411843.jpg

True that unless we were schooled to be money and stuff dependent. The few tribal people left still doesn't need money nor so much stuff, the individuals make what it is they want and doesn't charge others if they assist them to provide for themselves. That is what the U.S. Constitution's preamble suggests although a lots in the Articles and Amendment prohibits that to us.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

High taxes takes away that ability.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

After taxes the Government makes more than I do in profits. I have sculptures in storage, they want to tax me on those works of art  too.

Could be like my brother who pays no taxes as a pastor. But I gave up living a lie and do care about the entire planets health and happiness. Not richer, but happier for it.

Well said Castlepaloma.

In 1974 I became a preacher and my mother and wife tried to get to paster like my brother who has now retired from pastoring. I never like getting paid for what I say because to me it diminishes the value of my words. Few and almost no words paid for receiving has value and especially when it's concerning "the understanding of life" which religion is supposed to do according to my understanding of it.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
          Castlepalomaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't throw out the dirty bath water with the baby. I'll take in what I hear from the outsiders like politicans and Religion. Yet most of my personal growth and major problems are within myself. If the taxman wants to theft from me, I'll find another way around this unethical act as they don't have as much power as most people think.

That is good, giving your volunteer service. I do too or lip service is always free. After paying my bills or I lose my practice of the arts. Afterall, all we have in life, is what we give away.

Another +1 for that.

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Nature Boy:  so we misinterpret the writings of The Constitution, like we do our various religious faiths ... according to our ignorance.

Boy, do we need to gain a true understanding of reality!

Yes KLH, that is the way existence was designed otherwise it would never have come to the level prophecies foretold us it would [but also in a way that our conditioning would never allow us to understand them ether]. This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCUAuNS … gs=pl%2Cwn opening words tells us that and so many other things suggests it's all for an eternal reason since there has never been a ending to anything, only repeatings.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Teachers must be strong enough to authoritatively and consistently set appropriate boundaries. This is the new science. It is also an art. Sensitivity and the ability to accurately observe and be aware of the students' progress are necessary.

Why are you preaching teachers who only instills being afraid and scared rather than teach "to approach with cautious learning" as "fear" is defined but schooled to mean afraid and scared?

I agree. Teachers should be careful when dealing with children and avoid instilling fear. However, sometimes firmness and even expressing anger is needed. Setting boundaries should occur at the time of the misbehavior. Children are sensitive to the teacher and if she sets the boundaries weakly, they might not be convinced she means what she says.

Children want to please the adults in charge, therefore when teachers are guiding and assisting they should be kind and sensitive. Children's feelings can be easily hurt with mistreatment. Fear balls them up psychologically. 

Boundaries should be set in a way which lets children know what they are allowed and not allowed to do. At the time of the misbehavior, the teacher can say, "I will not have this ... running through the room, arguing over toys or equipment, talking back, wrestling, or getting into mischief," in a very firm way.

No punishments, no criticizing, no pinpointing the bad behavior, no expecting apologies, just setting the boundary clearly and leaving it at that.

Teachers SHOULD instill FEAR which means "to approach with cautious learning".

Firmness and anger instills AFRAIDNESS and SCAREDNESS in children, that's what schools are for, to make children afraid and scared to be disobedient, how else can you get them "to blindly follow leaders" as school is defined?

Initially children want to learn on their own but some will say "I'm going to do what they say to get by not accept it as truth" as I did, they don't want to please the adults, only after parents make them scared and afraid will they work to please them.

FEAR does not ball children up, being made SCARED and AFRAID does. As long as you use what you were taught and not what your independent research will prove you can't understand a word I'm saying!!!

To your post below.

When children FEAR a teacher they give them respect, when they are AFRAID or SCARED they turn it and began to take being SCARED or AFRAID out on other children and misbehave to adults.

If I had not experienced the bodiless voice at about 6 months old I wouldn't have survived it but I was born to be NatureBoy, this is the destiny I was conceived in my mother's womb for. I just survived an attempt on my life this morning that caused me to pass out ut not harm myself. My destiny will not allow me to do anything less although I was required to surrender the control of my life to that bodiless voice.

Peace

1. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

From Mirrian Webster:
            Definition of fear
            1 a : an unpleasant often strong emotion caused by anticipation or awareness of danger
            b (1) : an instance of this emotion (2) : a state marked by this emotion
            2 : anxious concern : solicitude
            3 : profound reverence and awe especially toward God
            4 : reason for alarm

There is nothing there about "learning" or even "approach"; indeed, fear gives rise to the fight or flight response.  There is no reason for a teacher to instill fear in any child.  Caution, perhaps, but never fear.

+1

Those definitions { except "3: profound reverence and awe especially toward God". Reverence and awe should cause one to seek to understand, not "fight or flight."} is what I'm talking about when I say "accepting what someone else say and not your own experiences." I am speaking about my own experiences which is why I am not "Scared" or "Afraid" of anything therefore have no emotional "fight or flight" drives. I once had them but once I began to realize I wasn't learning from "fight or flight" emotions I reigned my emotions in and became the objective observer brought on by my fear.

From the Christian perspective; how can being in the "flight or fight" emotion cause one to comprehend and obtain wisdom since "the fear of god is the beginning of wisdom" is written and require being cautious with all mental factions working wide opened. Maybe you don't accept biblical concepts but find they present magnificent cause for reasoning which is the only way one can obtain wisdom. except "3: profound reverence and awe especially toward God". Reverence and awe should cause one to seek to understand, not "fight or flight."

Peace.

1. wilderness profile image96
                wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I understand that the Christian jargon (all religions have their own) applies different meanings to words than are commonly accepted.  I also understand that Christians often think that everyone should understand their jargon, but it isn't so.  There is no possible reason, for instance, for reverence and awe of something that exists only in the imagination of the believer.  Instead, one must wonder just why they are in awe of their own imagination!

Was it the religious meaning, far removed from everyday usage, that you referred to with the "approach with cautious learning"?

The "approach with cautious learning" is my experiences' teachings which I then applied to "the fear of god is the beginning of wisdom" from the religious perspective. But that concept I have found in many religions in different terms.

Yes, fear of God can provide appropriate boundaries.
                    Overly fear of God on an unrealistic level can cause all sorts of problems within the psyche. Remember, the will is to the psyche, what the heart is to the body.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

"Instead, one must wonder just why they are in awe of their own imagination!"

lol

Is love in our imagination?

I am not in awe o my imagination because if I can't find anything to suggest there is the possibility of it being then I stuff it in my "to be proven fine" in my head. The god concept I subscribe to has many names which includes "ego, life-force, my energy source" and many more thing there is nothing physical to describe them.

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

By misbehavior, I mean behaviors which are hurtful or dangerous. The boundaries help guide the child toward what is safe and oaky and what is not safe and not okay ... for various reasons. In this way he learns to guide himself safely through life. It is true that being overly restrictive prevents a child from being inquisitive and free to explore and experiment. They should not, however, be allowed to stick paper clips into wall sockets, etc.

Nature Boy: I am glad you were able to find and set your own boundaries ... without perishing!  lol

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

"Initially children want to learn on their own but some will say "I'm going to do what they say to get by not accept it as truth" as I did, they don't want to please the adults, only after parents make them scared and afraid will they work to please them."

I find this explanation to be quite humorous!

Actually, children do (willingly) follow the parent and want to please the parent. They love the parent and want the parent's love.

They know they must learn form the parent, after all, they know nothing, as they were just born. Nature makes sure they learn the ways of the parent so that they will be able to survive as the parent does. Children are programmed to pay very close attention to what the parent does.

Parents will never succeed if they think they can command what to do, without living what they command.

I  was like that and has encouraged other children to overcome such conditionings. One example was a three-year-old back in 1981 who had been so conditioned to be "afraid and scared" he would stand and cry because pigeons wouldn't fly out of his way. I took him to a playground where he could learn to play with other children. Once he accepted my genteelness I climbed on a platform slide with 2X4 steps and sat there. He asked to come up and I told him "come on" so he made three steps and asked for my help that I refused. I also refused to allow three mothers to help him so he saw it was "come on up or get down" and he chose to come on up then congratulated himself for doing it.

He wanted to go down the slide and I told him to do it, he asked for help which I told him the other children didn't need their parents' help so he went down and congratulated himself before he kept doing it until his foot slipped between the 2X4s. He cried out for my help and I told him "get up" with he did, came on up and congratulated himself for it. That is how to turn "afraid and scared' into fear because the next spring when his mother brought him to the Park he was doing all manner of children things against his mother's insisting he stop.

So you "find this explanation to be quite humorous" but I've seen many effects of it working to elevate "Afraidness and Scariness" out of children and me. It was his parent who made him so dependent by helping him when he didn't need help and doing for him what he could do for himself. After he had observed me playing with the daughter of my companion he wanted that experience and once they had return home he asked his mother if he could play with me and that was the end results.

Peace

its not a conditioning. It is a natural phenomenon. However, what you are cautioning against is the unnecessary programming and conditioning which results in an overly fearful psyche. Yes, the child is freely watching, observing and incorporating what he experiences, (with all his senses,) into his very being and if the parents and adults in charge are too restrictive, they can shut down many powers and freedoms (within the psyche) that the child was given at birth. We can definitely take those away with insensitivity to his needs. This is why boundary setting is both a science and an art.

9. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Fear of God is based on the loss of love, safety and one's very life. Boundaries guarantee all is well on many levels. Therefore, we follow them willingly for our good.

Not out of blind compulsion or blind obedience or FEAR.

10. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Maybe fear of God is really a fear of the loss of goodness in our lives.

Good is like God, but with one more ...

11. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Boundaries are for the sake of freedom. The boundaries allow us to get in touch with what is within us. They allow us to access the wonderful, unique and special WILL that we have.
    Within us is a fountain of joy which rises with freedom.
    The boundaries are the cement fountain. The joy of free will (self guided will) is the water continuously gushing upwards.

12. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

This is why we must promote the proper boundaries.
    Freedom is the goal.

and Nature Boy, I know we are on the same page.
    I hope you do too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)