jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think health care will be more affordable now that the SCOTUS affirmed Ob

1. alexandriaruthk profile image74
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Do you think health care will be more affordable now that the SCOTUS affirmed Obamacare?

The Obamacare is a law that obliged everyone to avail of a health plan come 2014. Some parts of the law are already in effect and now that it is affirmed by the SCOTUS, do you think this will bring the health care cost down so that it will be more affordable?

2. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

PPACA doesn't reduce costs, it increases them. Now it will be fully and more rapidly implemented we will begin to see that sooner.

3. KK Trainor profile image60
    KK Trainorposted 5 years ago

I don't know what would make anyone think that costs would come down just because everyone is forced to buy something. There is nothing in the law that says insurance companies must charge less for insurance while providing more services for free. Who do you think pays for all of those "free" services? Those who are paying premiums, just like before. Anyone getting something for free is actually just getting something paid for by someone else.

4. Josak profile image61
    Josakposted 5 years ago

The US already has the most expensive health care in the developed world for one of the worst health care ratings, according to the treasury and independent review the bill will save money and slightly reduce overall costs, the point is that the costs will be concentrated on people who can afford to pay them.

More important is the 45 000 American lives yearly that will be saved by Obama-care (according to Harvard study).

http://prescriptions.blogs.nytimes.com/ … hs-a-year/

5. Georgie Lowery profile image93
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I think I read on the cnn.com overview that they expect healthcare prices to go up because of Obamacare. I don't have a head for politics, so I'm not really understanding why.

working