jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Do you get tired of people thinking you are stupid?

1. IDONO profile image82
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

Do you get tired of people thinking you are stupid?

From political campaigns to T.V. ads; Bosses to employees; Parent to child. No longer do people say, " I'm sorry, I made a mistake." Instead, we get lame, unbelievable excuses or blame placed on someone or something else. And most of these excuses are so far fetched, you would have to be a complete idiot to believe them, but people knowing this, try anyway.
         Dealing with someone elses mistakes is part of life. People deal with mine everyday. But someone insulting my limited intelligence is not going to solve anything.
         We aren't stupid. Save the B.S. - Solve the problem.

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Yes. Being a blonde usually helps that thought, but then no one takes me seriously.

3. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

Einstein, Ford, Rodin, Leonardo, famous modern writers of fiction and the not so fictitious, successful business men and women, famous scientist, inventors, and all who may have been challenged educationally or in some way handicapped from birth and/or environment, have been called stupid at some time in their lives. Apparently some think the American people must be stupid and gullible because of the deterioration of our rights under the constitution. As the character once said."stupid is as stupid does", and that holds true for everyone.

1. IDONO profile image82
      IDONOposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Too bad you have to be dead before people realize you were pretty smart.

4. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

It is sad to see the world is changing in such a state that the most important words like I am sorry, I am wrong, Forgive me ... and so forth are no longer for those who made mistake.

When I am in love, I learn the important words: I love you

When I did something wrong, I say: I am sorry

So, I do not see why it is so difficult to admit mistake and seek forgiveness. Maybe it is the pride that is too much to face.

5. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

I have a different take on this scenario. I don't think that they believe we are dumb, in as much as they have proved their own foolishness by thinking they are more clever and more intelligent than their intended audience.

Truth is, I am put-off by the attempt of the White House and other governmental agencies, who think that whatever they say will be swallowed whole by "we the sheeple".

Having said that, how can you blame the politicians? All they have to do is slap sexy secretary glasses on Britney Spears and half the female population in America will be wearing them by week's end.

Fact is, many people are stupid and allow themselves to be led around like brain-dead sheep. Our government knows this and takes full advantage of comatose Americans on a daily basis.

6. 34th Bomb Group profile image60
    34th Bomb Groupposted 5 years ago

Yes - and the more they patronize me the angrier I get. Especially since I'm a lot more clever than they are - they just have the benefit of access to more information.