jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Of all the things that have "always been done this way," which would you change?

1. joanwz profile image74
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

Of all the things that have "always been done this way," which would you change?

How would you change these things?

2. Crewman6 profile image73
    Crewman6posted 5 years ago

The way people in power and not in power swing on a pendulum.  Everybody says they want equality, but what they mean is, they want to be in control.  I would like to see ALL of us be treated equally.  Nobody being hurt, and nobody doing the hurting.  Nobody at the top, and nobody at the bottom.

I want everybody to like everybody, and all of us to be fair and truthful with each other.  I want a world where you work for what you have, and nobody takes it away from you.  Where dreams can become real if you work for it, and nobody tries to tear your dreams down.  A world where we all work together to make things better for all of us.  No starving children.  No physical or emotional abuse.  No theft. 
    No need for lawyers.  (Note, I said 'no need', not 'no lawyers'.  Our legal system is far too complex to maneuver without help.)

I guess I'm looking for heaven on earth, but I think human nature will never permit it.  This probably isn't what you were looking for, but you caught me in a bit of a sad mood today.

joanwzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with your assessment about people suing each other and getting lawyers involved without even trying to solve it in a civil matter first. It's a crying shame that society has turned so litigious.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

The voting process. The electoral college has too much influence in a Presidential election.

joanwzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Our founding fathers thought the electoral college was a good idea at the time. It no longer suits our needs and shoudl be removed from the system.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Agreed joanwz.

4. yoginijoy profile image73
    yoginijoyposted 5 years ago

Probably all of them. We have to unlearn so much of what we have been taught because a lot of the time these ideas harm us spiritually. I find that children are the best at figuring things out because they aren't yet tainted or contaminated by the way things have "always been done." Indeed, they live quite authentically, living in the moment and are very mindful of how they impact others (most of the time).

5. profile image0
    detroitmareposted 5 years ago

I totally agree with JThomp - the electoral vote for president.  I'd change it to popular vote.  Let each citizen truly have a voice.

working