jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why are people so hypocritical?

1. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Why are people so hypocritical?

We can criticize others easily, but can not take criticism directed at us.  We often judge other and poke fun, but if someone judges us or make fun of us, we get upset.  I thought humanity would be stronger than this?  What is your opinion?

2. Veroniquebee profile image75
    Veroniquebeeposted 5 years ago

Oh, I think it's just in our nature to place double standards on mostly everything. Doesn't make it right, yet - point me to someone who never ever in their life was hypocrite.

3. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 5 years ago

Because it hurts when we see our own ugliness, mistakes, etc. Others will do anything to belong as opposed to stand on their own or stand up for others who are being made fun of. Unfortunately, it seems to be human nature but sometimes with effort, we can rise above it.

4. SportsBetter profile image76
    SportsBetterposted 5 years ago

People are very judgmental.  The problem is most people find themselves to be perfect, and never take the time to judge within.  I'm not saying people don't have insecurities, but they feel as though they have no flaws in their actions.

5. profile image53
    Samraj19posted 5 years ago

The judgement capacity comes with the belief system and the environment in which they are grown-up. For Instance, Christianity preaches no one is Holy(Sinner) other than God where as Hinduism preaches other way round so people like to show case their holiness with a false or wicked behavior in front of others.

I think, hypocritical starts from the wicked behavior expected by the Religion/Belief system they follow and society/social behavior in which they live-in. The elite people wants to maintain their superiority with their intellectual which is also an element for hypocritical behavior.