Regardless of definition, do you believe we are in an economic depression rather

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)
  1. arizonataylor profile image82
    arizonataylorposted 6 years ago

Regardless of definition, do you believe we are in an economic depression rather than a recession?

2. stanwshura profile image72
    stanwshuraposted 6 years ago

I'm afraid that how each is defined is the best...no...the ONLY way to even begin to analyze the economy BASED on the definitive criteria for each.  How do you distinguish between two different entities but by establishing those criteria, and in so doing, *defining* said entities?

1. jenniferlynn78 profile image60
      jenniferlynn78posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I am not naive and although I am not into political/historical aspects or debates but from my standpoint I see this as a ecnomic depression & there is no bouncing back from this....as the political people tell the U.S. citizens, it's not a recess

3. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 6 years ago

I agree with @stanwshura. You have to define your terms, otherwise you have nothing to talk about.

Personally, I think we're in a depression -- a manufactured event.

There are some very powerful people who don't care about America and what it used to stand for. The Rockefellers and Rothschilds, for instance, don't want borders. They want one world government. I used to think this was a good idea -- like Star Trek's Federation. But one-world government means no escape when the leaders are not so altruistic.

It started before America was born. The Rothschilds were honing their skills of coercion and subterfuge -- financing both sides of wars.

Fast forward to the 20th century -- 1913 -- the creation of the private Federal Reserve bank (owned in part by the Rothschilds). The R's finally had their central bank in America. Every major downturn could've been prevented, but the Fed made some of them worse. The Fed could've released more cash during the Great Depression, but held back to deepen the problems America faced. This gave the government the "justification" to take people's gold. What a con job.

And 9/11 gave our lovely government the excuse to do away with many of the remaining liberties. All of the insane military spending on baseless wars is making the depression even deeper as the debt skyrockets. When will that bubble burst? Perhaps somewhere between $16-30 Trillion.

We have a chance to save our country, but the Corporate Party media kool-aid is poisoned against people like Dr. Ron Paul. President Paul could fix all this with help from Congress, but they don't want America saved. There is no room in the New World Order for sovereign nations. Just ask George Bush (both of them) and David Rockefeller. All kinds of treason brewing there,... and they're not done, yet.

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 6 years ago

The rules are always changing, and it is not so much the rules but the circumstances that tells us if we are in a recession or depression.  I think as a nation  we are in a recession. I think in some areas a depression may be looming. I have a friend who is the publisher of a small-town newspaper. It was a textile town at one time, but all the plants were moved overseas. There was hope that a car plant would move there, but they are not built overnight. My friend was faced with the problem of meeting payroll. He could let five people go, and he could then have trodden along. He and I both work for the same boss at one time, who I described in my hub "The Best Boss I Ever Had." My friend found a solution. He call everyone together and explained the finances and said he could lay five people off or everyone could take a five-percent  cut in pay, including himself. They voted on slips of paper right then and there. By a unanimous vote, everyone agreed to the pay cut. So the five people kept their jobs. I tell this story to show what a little imagination could do to help some companies keep their employees at a decent salary and still survive this recession. If more companies did the same thing, and if people were willing to give up a little, more people would be working, and fewer would be drawing unemployment checks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)