jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Do you think the Federal Reserve should be or will ever be audited?

1. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

Do you think the Federal Reserve should be or will ever be audited?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I don't know if it will happen? But, It most certainly should be.

1. lone77star profile image83
      lone77starposted 5 years agoin reply to this

And Harry Reid is the one stopping the Senate from deciding. Call, write and even visit to get him to change his mind. Also ask both of your senators to support "Audit the Fed." Communication does help, when there's massive amounts of it.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Will do Lone!!

3. aguasilver profile image80
    aguasilverposted 5 years ago

Sure, when Hell freezes over and the Rothschild's are encase under the ice with their master. Until then they will keep their treachery hidden unless the 99% tear down the Central Banks doors and forcibly evict the banksters.

1. lone77star profile image83
      lone77starposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Boy, that sounds like fun!

4. LandmarkWealth profile image82
    LandmarkWealthposted 5 years ago

Most of what we need to know about the Central Bank already has full disclosure.  It's just the info is not released until after the fact.  The real problem is not finding out what they are doing, it constraining what they are doing. There have been several incarnations of Central Banking in the history of the US. This current one is around since 1913.  Although one of their two primary mandates is price stability, the US dollar has lost more than 90% of it's purchasing power over that time.  I don't believe it is at all a conspiracy.  Instead it is human hubris. The academics think they are smarter than the collect consious of the marketplace.
    I personally would like to see a return to the Gold standard or some form of a basket of commodities to benchmark our currency against.  That would greatly limit the Fed's power while still having enough authority to prevent bank run's, which were common prior to it's creation.

1. Express10 profile image88
      Express10posted 5 years agoin reply to this

What do you think are the greatest benefits to those opposing a return to the gold standard?

2. LandmarkWealth profile image82
      LandmarkWealthposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's a long answer. But I think human hubris has led the academics to believe they can out smart the collective conscious of the marketplace.  It allows politicians the ability to be reckless without discipline of any kind imposed on their behavior.

5. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

Certainly the Fed has a periodic audit of part of its activities, but they still hide a great deal.

Yes, they should be thoroughly audited. I think they will be audited or they will be driven from existence. I don't like chaos, but it could get messy.

I'd prefer we take this opportunity to get the Senate to follow the House's lead and vote on and approve the Audit the Fed measure.

Contact your 2 senators and ask in strong but polite terms for their help in passing Audit the Fed. Also, write, call and/or visit Harry Reid to ask that he allow Audit the Fed to come to a vote. He's blocking it! Let's kick his butt.

6. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

Not until the central banking system collapses and the politicians need scapegoats to avoid being lynched themselves.

working