jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Is it a good idea to have Sandra Fluke speak at the Democratic Convention?

1. Cassie Smith profile image68
    Cassie Smithposted 5 years ago

Is it a good idea to have Sandra Fluke speak at the Democratic Convention?

She is a walking joke.  The 30-year-old law student who can't pay for her own birth control, can't get her rich boyfriend to pay for it, but wants everyone else to pay for it.  LOL!

2. Conservative Lady profile image75
    Conservative Ladyposted 5 years ago

It is awesome if you ask me! Maybe a few Liberals will see her for who she is and wise up before November`election time. I don't see her doing much good for Obama's situation - other than speaking to the other airhead young women out there that think we should all cough up the dough for their birth control.

1. Cassie Smith profile image68
      Cassie Smithposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nah, liberals aren't smart, they are about the ideology and how the government can achieve their ideology.  The stupid woman doesn't even realize that you can get generic birth control for cheap at any drugstore.

3. daskittlez69 profile image75
    daskittlez69posted 5 years ago

She is a joke, plain and simple.  She gets news coverage because she couldn't find her way to a local pharmacy to purchase it all by herself for under $15 per month.  Now Obama has a new armed puppet for the Democrats' war on women.  Good God, what is this world coming to.  I am almost ashamed to call myself a Democrat these days.  The Republicans aren't any better with their schemes.  But this is starting to get a little out of hand.

1. junkseller profile image85
      junksellerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm curious if you have actually seen her speak versus just listening to what others say about her. I've never heard her talk about herself. As far as I can tell, her approach is purely as a women's health issue. That is a Democratic plank, no?

2. daskittlez69 profile image75
      daskittlez69posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh come on Junkseller, I normally agree with you on most stuff.  She is a narcissist that has already used up her 15 minutes of fame and now she is trying to get a career out of it. Here are some of her statements:
      "I'm here today to talk about the P

3. junkseller profile image85
      junksellerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, I'm hardly an expert on her, but I did just watch her in an interview. She didn't seem at all self-serving and spoke intelligently and capably on the issue. My opinion of her, previously based mostly on things I had heard, went way up.

working