jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

To those who are Black conservatives and/or moderates, why do you believe that l

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

To those who are Black conservatives and/or moderates, why do you believe that liberals are

more of a hindrance regarding the progress and advancement of Blacks than conservatives are?

2. Credence2 profile image80
    Credence2posted 5 years ago

While I am not qualified to answer this, I am prepared to wait for an answer until hell itself freezes over......

3. dianetrotter profile image72
    dianetrotterposted 5 years ago

I consider myself more moderate than anything else.  Liberal is an inclusive term that tends to include, but is not limited to, people who like being victims.  Many liberals are law abiding, respectable people.  Unfortunately most people who break the law, receive government assistance, and have a victim mentality also consider themselves liberals.  As evidence, I teach many students who are either in foster care because of their parents actions/inactions.  Many of those living with parents suffer abuse or neglect.  I hate labels because not everyone sits into a neatly defined box.  My statements are based on my experience as a teacher in the inner city.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You have succinctly stated THE TRUTH.   Even though I consider myself to be a liberal, I am a stauch believer in personal responsibility.  I am sick of the victimology mentality that the average liberal tend to have.   Excuses galore.

working