jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Did anyone see the old James Stewart movie Harvey?

1. Cassie Smith profile image68
    Cassie Smithposted 5 years ago

Did anyone see the old James Stewart movie Harvey?

Clint Eastwood did a hilarious take at the RNC but with Barack Obama as the invisible president, complete with a teleprompter!  He mocked Obama, Biden, and their policies.  The part where everyone was crying, including Oprah, during the coronation, I mean the acceptance of the nomination was priceless.

2. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

That's my favorite movie of all time. I saw it the first time when I was about five, and I asked my grandmother why I didn't have a pucca, too. I might have been the only kid, ever, without an imaginary friend!

Cassie Smithposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well Harvey can be uncooperative at times, so there plusses and minuses to having imaginary friends Georgie.

3. Skarlet profile image86
    Skarletposted 5 years ago

Yes. It was really funny. I was really surprised and impressed at how Eastwood handled it. The whole evening was great!

Cassie Smithposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Everyone inside the convention center (except for the lapdog press) got the joke.  I think the camera shot was too tight, they needed to pull back so that the tv audience could see Eastwood, the chair, and the teleprompter. An exceptional night.

4. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

Old, rich, white man speaking to an imaginary friend whilst mocking liberals and disrespecting the President. Sounds about right.

1. Skarlet profile image86
      Skarletposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Racist and prejudiced statement. But, I have read the exact same statement posted by liberals all over the internet today. When one can't think of anything intelligent to say they throw racial slurs, and discriminate age. Oh, lets call him 1% too.

2. junkseller profile image84
      junksellerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Identifying demographic characteristics is a factual observation. Nothing racial or prejudicial about it. Old, rich, and white are disproportionate traits of the Republican party, and mockery and disrespect are in no short supply.

working