jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Do you expect anything of substance to come of the Presidential debates?

1. steveso profile image79
    stevesoposted 5 years ago

Do you expect anything of substance to come of the Presidential debates?

By now I think most people have made up their minds regarding who they will vote for in November. Do you think there will be anything of substance coming form the upcoming debates which would change the minds of the undecided?

2. stanwshura profile image75
    stanwshuraposted 5 years ago

Admitting my blue bias right up front, I fully expect to learn how out of touch, radically flip-floppy, arrogant and opportunistic a life Romney has been given, and how Barrack Obama handles the embarrassingly low the bar will be for him.  He is going to do the very tricky balancing act of putting forth a clear, focused, progressive agenda for a second term, while not stomping all over little Suzie on the playground and taking her walwipop!

3. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 5 years ago

Although I plan on watching the presidential debate, I really don't think anything earth shattering will occur. I suspect there will be cutting remarks, a use of catch phrases, rhetoric, smirks, body posturing and half truths. The debate will serve only the political pundits as they scramble to dissect every word and put forth their own spin.

4. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

Empty rhetoric.

Obamney = Rombama in every meaningful point vital to the survival of America. Both puppets work for the Corporate Party which has been slowly and methodically dismantling America for the last 100 years -- ever since the establishment of the private Federal Reserve bank and its scam, personal income tax -- both planks of the Communist Manifesto.

So, why should President Barry Soetoro say anything truly meaningful? He's been lying for so long, I'd be surprised if he knew how to tell the truth. When grilled by reporters on tough subjects, he deftly avoids answering the questions. Mr. Soetoro (alias Obama) might not even be a U.S. citizen. Researchers cannot find any evidence of him changing his citizenship from Indonesian to American.

American politics has become a farce. Both sides of the Corporate Party have eliminated voting from their repertoire of tools. Roberts Rules of Order continue to be used only as a sham to keep alive the illusion of normalcy and choice.

RNC Scripted:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKaXqoC4DjE

DNC Scripted:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmaE2Aez_XY

And so many of the electronic voting machines have been programmed to give us the winner, despite what the people want.

If Americans don't wake up soon, they'll suffer just as the Germans did 80 years ago. Hitler was so believable to them -- so patriotic.

We've already had our Reichstag fire (9/11), blaming it on a convenient patsy. The FBI and CIA protected those patsies from being arrested so they would be ready to play their unwitting parts on that dark day.

There were no WMDs, and no amount of jokes and laughter by Bush can cover up that lie. 9/11 was an inside job. The many tons of iron microspheres in the 9/11 dust prove that. But people have found themselves too dulled by the Corporate Party propaganda to realize how much they're being played as the Corporate Party dismantles America, piece-by-piece.

5. Civil War Bob profile image61
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

Absolutely...the networks will make money, the temperature of the planet will rise 7 degrees from all the hot air dispensed, and the mushroom industry will get a boost from all the bullchip cookies available for fertilizer.

1. profile image0
      The Longhunterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Excellent answer, CWB. EXACTLY RIGHT!!!

working