jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Do you think Mitt Romney was disrespectful to the President during the debate?

1. KevinC9998 profile image80
    KevinC9998posted 5 years ago

Do you think Mitt Romney was disrespectful to the President during the debate?

2. SoundNFury profile image83
    SoundNFuryposted 5 years ago

Yes.  I think when he said "you'll get your chance" it was a little overboard.  There was a better way to express that.  After all, like him or not, he IS the President.

1. KevinC9998 profile image80
      KevinC9998posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree, that was disrespectful. The hand gestures I could live with but the comment seemed out of line.

3. Cassie Smith profile image69
    Cassie Smithposted 5 years ago

No, Romney was right to stop Obama from interrupting him so that he can get a word in edgewise.  Between Crowley and Obama doubleteaming him he had a harder time getting his answer and rebuttal out and did a good job in that situation.

1. IDONO profile image84
      IDONOposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Is that doubleteaming when two people catch him in a lie instead of one? Obama very politely looked at Romney and said, "Continue please" Romney promptly put his foot in his mouth. Whose fault is that?

2. KevinC9998 profile image80
      KevinC9998posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Cassie - Not sure I agree with that observation but appreciate your comments.

3. Cassie Smith profile image69
      Cassie Smithposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Even Crowley admitted that Romney was right.  Crowley interrupted Romney more times and allowed Obama not to answer the Libya question and gave Obama more time to answer.  That you don't see this shows your partisanship.

4. IDONO profile image84
      IDONOposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Rather than point at the moderator, I look at the reaction of Romney being interupted. He paniced and stuttered. If that's his reaction in front of Candy Crowley, what will it be sitting across the table from a Muslim extremist? Rules will not apply.

4. IDONO profile image84
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

On the surface, I'd say Yes. But it's a debate. Mitt Romney was debating the man, not the office of president. Mitt had to look at Obama as his opponent, not his superior. For Mitt to have to qualify his answers as to being respectful or not, would not provide a level playing field for the debate. Also, you can't mistake disrespect for being assertive. The way Romney treated Pres. Obama was assertive. The way he treated Candy Crowley, was disrespect.

1. Cassie Smith profile image69
      Cassie Smithposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Crowley interrupting Romney 28 times was not only disrespectful but also unfair.

working