jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What foreign policy accomplishment does Obama?

1. Cassie Smith profile image69
    Cassie Smithposted 5 years ago

What foreign policy accomplishment does Obama?

As much as Democrats want to point to the assassination of Bin Ladin, that's not really a foreign policy and it hasn't fostered any peace in the Middle East.  Obama has not made any friends among world leaders and therefore has no one to talk to about what's happening outside the US.  Like his failed domestic policies his foreign policy is a shambles.

2. Josak profile image59
    Josakposted 5 years ago

Well as for his actual policy we can argue all day on having made friends abroad however you are incorrect, the US is more positively seen due to Obama in every country outside the Middle East with the only policy they have opposed being the drone strikes on terrorists. Obama is incredibly popular overseas for an American especially compared to Bush and it's something I encounter all the time when I travel, he has even improved relationships between leaders of Russia and especially Turkey with whom the situation was very tense when he took power.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image61
    Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago

Obama has

Rallied our European and Middle East allies to support strong economic sanctions against Iran.

Ended our military involvement in Iraq.

Set a firm date for ending our military action in Afghanistan.

Brought a number of successful WTO actions against China.

Repaired the damage caused by the Bush administration to the reputation of the U.S. in other countries.

4. profile image0
    Justsilvieposted 5 years ago

Well if you lived and worked overseas during the Bush Administration you could have has some real examples. I do read the foreign press and he is liked and respected in a very large part of the world. Considering we had the reputation as the world biggest bully and a land full of self absorbed dumb bells, led by one of the biggest he has moved us up a few notches at least.

But I am not going to list his other accomplishments because you are neither interested nor will you give him credit for them so why waste my time.

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I don't see why presidents need policy at all unless they are just bored and want to pose for history. Can't they just win office and shut up and do nothing for the next four years?