jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Is a vote for Gary Johnson a wasted vote?

1. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 5 years ago

Is a vote for Gary Johnson a wasted vote?

2. The Frog Prince profile image79
    The Frog Princeposted 5 years ago

Giggling Gary has no chance of being elected.  Every vote he gets is like voting for Obama.  This isn't the elction to cast a protest vote.  Obama has to go.

The Frog

1. lone77star profile image82
      lone77starposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A vote for Romney is a vote for Obama. They're exactly the same on every issue critical to the future of America. Wake up! You're being played. Stop thinking 1-dimensionally -- the Corporate Party and its 2 branches -- Republicrats and Demopublicans.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Yes, I'm afraid so. Not enough exposure.

1. lone77star profile image82
      lone77starposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Voting based on what is popular or who you think is going to be a winner is like voting for Stalin or Hitler. Some choice! You may as well vote for the Devil. Good luck with that!

4. thegecko profile image79
    thegeckoposted 5 years ago

If he can earn 5% of the vote, that will be a huge milestone for the Libertarian Party, helping them achieve more equal footing against the Democrats and the Republicans http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/

5. junkseller profile image83
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

I don't think we should vote based upon how others are voting. We aren't responsible for the whole universe, just ourselves. When you vote for someone you actually believe in, it matters to you and it matters to them. I'm not voting for either of the main candidates. Neither has big ideas or will, in action, probably be much different from one another. If the rest of the country chooses that path, than they get what they deserve. I'll be able to sleep at night.

6. bankscottage profile image93
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

No vote is wasted except one not exercised.  By voting for Gary Johnson (or any other candidate) your are performing your civic duty.  But, the practicality is that Obama or Romney will be our president next year.  If you care and want a say in which one, you should vote for Obama or Romney.  A vote any other way could be argued to be a wasted vote.

7. lone77star profile image82
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

Your vote is never wasted, no matter who you vote for, at least in the strictest sense of voting.

But in an imperfect system where electronic voting machines can be hacked, then all votes may be worthless.

At the 2 presidential conventions of the 2 main parties, voting has essentially died as proven by the following 2, short video clips.

RNC Scripted:
    http://www.fox19.com/category/240225/vi … Id=7673872

DNC Scripted:
    http://www.fox19.com/category/240225/vi … Id=7698022

8. LCall profile image61
    LCallposted 5 years ago

It is definitely not a wasted vote.
    Some say a wasted vote is a vote not made, but I think a wasted vote is one made without adequate background knowledge and research of the candidate. I think there are too many uninformed people voting. That said, a vote for Gary would mean one vote less for Romney or Obama. If you're against either, then of course you're not wasting your vote. Gary Johnson may not have the slightest chance of winning, but, in a way, your vote is preventing another from succeeding.

working