jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think the electoral college system is a good idea/works well? If not how

1. profile image73
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

Do you think the electoral college system is a good idea/works well? If not how would you change it?

2. philomusic profile image60
    philomusicposted 5 years ago

It is the securest system we have in the way of halting voter fraud, but it has flaws. It should be revised to consider the popular vote more. Overall, it is imperfect, but secure.

1. profile image73
      ElleBeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That makes sense.  I agree that it should  be revised to better reflect popular vote, but that overall the system is useful.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

The electoral college is flawed, but with the popular vote there is too much room for error and also cheating. I would like to see more states votes matter than just the "Swing States" or "Battle Ground" states votes. People find the electoral college complicated, but it is fairly simple once you understand it. I wrote a hub about it:
    http://jthomp42.hubpages.com/hub/Electo … w-it-Works

4. IDONO profile image82
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

Even though it's not perfect, it's about the best we will get. If we didn't have it, this country would be run on the decision of 10 to 20 highly populated cities. Outside of those cities, your vote really would not make a difference. Although, if that were the case, locally we wouldn't have to suffer with so many political ads. It sucks being in the swing state of Ohio. I look at it this way. Presidential election campaigns are job creating and putting money into our economy and the rich are paying for it.

working