jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

If your favorite boss treats you rudely in front of clients and they notice, wh

1. brakel2 profile image79
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

If your favorite boss treats you rudely in front of clients and they notice,  what would you do?

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

I would remain quiet until after the clients leave and then politely and privately mention to my boss that his behavior embarrassed me and ask him to please not do so again.  Sometimes when people are under pressure they don't realize that what they're saying damages others, and since this person is your boss and also a favorite, you owe him the benefit of the doubt.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Take it the best way you can. You want to keep the clients so you have to react depending upon the client who views it. Do the clients believe in going through social difficulties to become better? Or do they believe that everyone should be treated fairly? Focus on the audience.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

It happened to me once and I let it go until I could talk to him alone. Then I told him that he was right about the situation but please never do that in front of a customer again. He agreed and apologized.

5. Goody5 profile image67
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Maybe it's time to start looking for another job where you will be more appreciated. Life's to short for these types of games.

6. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 5 years ago

I would have to say something immediately being professional.  The clients need to see that I am human too and an apology is deserved and should be said in front of the clients. There is no need in treating an employee rudely in front of others.  Then I would probably start looking for another job because more than likely I would have been fired.

7. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I would wait until you were both alone and be honest with them and how they made you feel. They may be totally unaware of the situation. So, discuss it with them so it does not happen again.

8. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

It is going to depend on a lot of variables including:
    --your relationship with the boss
    --the attitude of the clients toward you
    --the justification or lack of justification for the rude behavior
    --whether addressing the issue will lead to improvement or make it worse.

As a rule, I tried to handle things privatedly with past supervisors, who I thought were rude in the past. If something incorrect was stated in front of clients, I would try to politely correct it.

Rude behavior is never necessary, but it is in some people's nature. In today's economy, you have to balance your feelings with the need for the job and also balance if it was a isolated incident that was prompted by other events that really have nothing to do with the business, or is the rude behavior is a comment event.

At no point should you get into a confrontation with the boss in front of clients. Some of those clients may recognized the rude behavior and recognize your restraint and offer you a job. Being positive, even when faced with mounting negatives is a good idea.

9. Sri T profile image79
    Sri Tposted 5 years ago

If he treats you rudely, it is a sign that he really doesn't respect you. He is acting out of ego and wants to feel superior. Develop self esteem, thicker skin and most importantly, find a better job where you are treated with respect.

working