|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|
Have you accepted Bill Holland's (billybuc) 365/365 Random Acts of Kindness challenge?
I hope you all jump on board and accept this great challenge. Please list some of the ideas you can come up with, for daily random acts of Kindness for a full year!
I haven't yet...but I will...I wrote a hub about doing 26 acts of kindness for each of the victims of the shooting in Connecticut....it lists some ideas that could be used for this...I'll have to add to it and link it to Bill's Facebook page...
Oh yes, I've accepted his challenge. It's part of being a friend and knowing that if I don't, he'll haunt me. lol
Seriously, I think it's a wonderful challenge and a beautiful way to help all of us keep making a difference.
1. Open doors for people.
2. If a driver is trying to get on the street from a parking lot, let him/her in.
3. If you are heading towards someone in a shopping aisle, step aside, and let them pass with their cart.
4. Give at least 25% tips to wait staff in restaurants if the service is good. (You should not be dining out if you don't allow for a good tip.)
5. When strangers drop things, help them pick up their items.
6. If a person stumbles and falls, help them to get up.
7. Never ignore someone in distress.
8. When you bake goodies, share them with your next door neighbor.
9. Volunteer your time to tutor or mentor a less privileged child.
10. Google the following sites daily. All it takes is a click to help make a better world:
The Hunger Site
11. Strive to eat organic. It helps your body, it helps the earth. Thus, it helps the entire world.
12. Consider becoming a vegetarian. If you are going to eat flesh, make sure that it is organic, free range, and slaughtered humanely.
13. Eat fair trade chocolate and sugar. Otherwise, there is a good chance that slave labor produced those products__not to mention child slave labor.
15. Use sustainable products. eg. Avoid plastic, styrofoam.
16. Use vinegar and baking soda, for example, as cleaning products, and avoid all cleaning products that are toxic. They are not safe for you and your children, and they pollute our soil, as well as water supply.
17. Vitacost is a great website for finding sustainable products at cut rates.
18. Educate yourself about sustainable living.
19. Reduce your consumption altogether. Do you really need that latest iphone?
20. Give yourself quiet time to read, pray, meditate, write.
21. Do not allow your children to have tvs and computers in their rooms. You need to be monitoring their use and the amount of time they are in front of a screen.
22. Spend time with your children picnicking, playing sports, board games, conversing.
23. Eat dinner with your family at the dinner table every night.
24. Have a bi-monthly date night with your partner.
by Celeste Wilson4 years ago
Have you noticed any random acts of kindness lately?I saw some coupons on a grocery store shelf and I thought, Wow, how nice is that?" Someone left them there and now I can use them. Have you done something like...
by Cynthia Calhoun4 years ago
Feb. 17th is also known as "Random Acts of Kindness" Day. What sorts of things can you do?Looking for some fun ideas on what you can do for random acts of kindness.
by WildIris8 years ago
Share your experiences of random acts of kindness ~Either things you have done or things that others have done for you.
by Christin Sander3 years ago
What is the last random act of kindness you engaged in?Do you partake in random acts of kindness? What is the last one you remember? I think it's nice this time of year to focus on the goodness in others. For me,...
by Zachary Brown3 years ago
What is the kindest thing someone has done for you recently?What is the kindest thing someone has done for you recently? Restore my faith in humanity this afternoon. I could use it.
by rutley6 years ago
Have you ever been on the receiving end of a random act of kindness by a stranger?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.