jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Which is more important for the U.S. government to do - tax more people or cut s

1. Hawaiian Scribe profile image95
    Hawaiian Scribeposted 5 years ago

Which is more important for the U.S. government to do - tax more people or cut spending?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7543077_f260.jpg

2. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

The United States government needs to cut spending.   The first thing is for Congress to stop "rewarding" themselves with continual raises.   That is totally ridiculous.   There needs to be a severe trimming of government waste in all spheres of the government.

Hawaiian Scribeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree that the U.S. government needs to cut spending, especially on entitlement programs.  Government waste and the growth of federal workforce are other issues they need to tackle.  113th Congress should be a doozy. You had the best answer, thanks

3. Miller2232 profile image60
    Miller2232posted 5 years ago

It depends on the situation for the government. That's a good question and i'm really not sure what would be more important to the government.

I'm not sure where you stand on the issue of taxes or spending cuts, but thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

4. MrBecher profile image62
    MrBecherposted 5 years ago

The amount of money taken from people by the government is much more than enough. The problem is absolutely spending. With an infinite money supply behind them, Congress has gone wild with favors for lobbyists and are driving us broke, seemingly without a care. It makes no sense at all for this to be okay, yet for them, it is.

I completely agree on the issue of lobbyists.  There should really be limits on their access to lawmakers and to the President. Spending is the problem without a doubt.  Let's see whether anyone in D.C. can hold the line. Thanks for your reply.

working