jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Do you know who Hadiya Pendleton was?

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image77
    crazyhorsesghostposted 5 years ago

Do you know who  Hadiya Pendleton was?

In case you don't just Google her name. It's so sad that our country has come to this. She performed at the Presidents Inauguration a few days ago and now she is dead. Shot dead a few blocks from her school. Why. Why has our country come to this and how do we stop it. America must wake up. I once supported the Second Amendment very strongly. But maybe its time we have a big change in America. Is owning a gun worth this. I say no its not.

2. d.william profile image76
    d.williamposted 5 years ago

Yes, this was quite a senseless tragedy.  The solutions for correcting these problems do not fall strictly on gun control, and the limited mentalities of those we elect into public office are not capable of making the changes needed in our society as whole.   There are no politicians (or very few) that have the capability to view any problem as to how it impacts our society as a whole, so they wallow in their ignorance by 'debating' the issues to death, piece by piece, and ultimately solve nothing at all.

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image77
      crazyhorsesghostposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very True. Excellent Answer.

3. mintinfo profile image72
    mintinfoposted 5 years ago

I first saw this story yesterday on several sites. Very tragic indeed. I could be like the President and say she looks just like my daughter and she actually does but I don't know why I would say that unless it is to seem sympathetic. Actually I feel disgust. I feel that there is a certain level of self denial in Black communities. Where are the marches of disgust? What will it take for some community leaders to come out like they do when racism is present? Is it opportunism that drives certain social movements. It is time for us to be accountable for the senseless killings.