jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it true that Israel forces Ethiopian immigrents onto birth control to limit t

1. mintinfo profile image74
    mintinfoposted 4 years ago

Is it true that Israel forces Ethiopian immigrents onto birth control to limit their population?

Is it why in order to quell the controversy they have allowed an Ethiopian to win the Miss Israel title.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7744216_f260.jpg

2. KrisL profile image83
    KrisLposted 4 years ago

Not sterilized, but given long lasting birth control without consent, or without clear consent.
    Here's an article from Israeli newspaper Haaretz:
    "A government official has for the first time acknowledged the practice of injecting women of Ethiopian origin with the long-acting contraceptive Depo-Provera.

Health Ministry Director General Prof. Roni Gamzu has instructed the four health maintenance organizations to stop the practice as a matter of course.

The ministry and other state agencies had previously denied knowledge or responsibility for the practice, which was first reported five years ago."

For the rest of the article, http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/is … m-1.496519

As for why an Ethiopian won Miss Israel, maybe the judges wanted to make a statement that they did not support the racist ideal of beauty you see in a lot of beauty contests etc. . . . and maybe this scandal had something to do with their wanting to make that statement!

3. literal profile image44
    literalposted 4 years ago

Yes, health officials are administrating contraceptives to Ethiopian Jews.

4. mintinfo profile image74
    mintinfoposted 4 years ago

This is another example of why I do not believe in a god. (oh, stop god bashing mintinfo) I hear your thoughts (sigh). In my defense I try my best to operate by logic but this is beyond logic. Even when I reference the old testiment it is beyond rationalle. So the Jews claim to be the first chosen of god and god gives them the right to make choices when it comes to protecting their race. In the past they have exterminated other cultures (because god told them so). Why then did they let the Ethiopean (so called) Jews into Israel? Is it god that told them that (these people are imposters so you can do with them what you will). How long will they get away with crying victim and how long will they use it as an excuse to practice discrimination against the Palestinians and now the Ethiopeans. Surely this is not godly if they claim to be a people of god. Maybe they know that the god concept that they created is just a lie but it has worked so well that most people will be blind to the atrocities that they perpetuate. The dark universe is not sleeping.

5. Lizam1 profile image82
    Lizam1posted 4 years ago

Goodness, if this is true, as other commentes have indicated it is a sad state of affairs.

working