jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Anyone having issues with their stats?

1. Dan Barfield profile image76
    Dan Barfieldposted 5 years ago

Anyone having issues with their stats?

Despite my total ever views being just under 3000 so far, my views 'this month' on my stats are currently showing at 4,294,967,864... which amused me. Anyone else experiencing this numerical error?

2. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

Yes, there's a new forum thread posted by Patty Inglish. Everyone is tickled by it.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Yes, everyone..............................................

4. ChitrangadaSharan profile image56
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years ago

Everyone seems to have stats issues since the last 1 to 2 days.....mine had not been updated since the last two days.Even my hubber score has gone down from 91 to 81.  I created a forum thread too for this. You can check out the forums related to technical issues. Hope they fix everyone's stats soon.

5. IAmFledge profile image56
    IAmFledgeposted 5 years ago

This won't explain exactly why it's happening, but here's some random information on what may be occurring somewhere in the website.

It looks line a numerical overflow somewhere by the website server.

http://www.binaryconvert.com/ will show you that the maximum possible value for an (unsigned) integer comprised of 32 bits is: 4,294,967,295
    This is when all 32 bits are set to '1' (http://goo.gl/Xwysf).

Unsigned means it can't be 'signed' as either positive or negative; it's always deemed positive.

A signed number however is flagged to be either positive or negative by using the first bit of the 32 available. 0 means positive, 1 means negative. Because you're sacrificing that first bit, you have a power-of-2 less available numbers to represent in each direction (2147483647 or -2147483648)

When you subtract a larger 'unsigned' number from a smaller one (which would usually result in a negative number), it rolls back to the maximum number again and continues to subtract from it.

What's particularly odd though is that the number you're seeing is 569 higher than the maximum possible unsigned integer with 32 bits - probably the result of mixing 32 bit numbers with 64 bit numbers somewhere along the line.

64 bits means you have 32 more '1's or '0's with which to represent a number...so you can represent absolutely huge values with it (18,446,744,073,709,551,615 to be precise).

This information will, of course, have helped you in no way whatsoever regarding your stats issue.