jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What do we learn by allowing/disallowing gun ownership, death penalty, slaughter

1. Mike Marks profile image75
    Mike Marksposted 4 years ago

What do we learn by allowing/disallowing gun ownership, death penalty, slaughterhouses, abortion?

I’m not here asking for the right or wrongness of these choices, I’m asking for honest observation about what we accept as a race by allowing or disallowing these examples. What do we learn?  How is our behavior modified when for personal reasons, for extreme situations or simply for convience, we choice one side over the other? Do choices on these examples give us a more honest or fearful or compassion or warlike consciousness, and then how does that affect the whole world in regards to killing and callusness in general or specific issues like Iran or surrendering U.S. rights or entitlements

2. Jack Burton profile image82
    Jack Burtonposted 4 years ago

That is an odd juxtaposition of a variety of unrelated issues. Kinda like asking what we learn by allowing/disallowing circuses, jet airplanes, cows and walnut trees.

3. Mike Marks profile image75
    Mike Marksposted 4 years ago

thanx for the answer, Jack, though I for one do see patterns among my choices... insideous patterns pertaining to behavior modification, insideous for their subtlety so that the modification may be unnoticed and more acceptable... though one pattern I think is easy to see is the common ingredient of ending life and how easy or hard that may become for individuals in our society as the psychology of accepting or rejecting choices on these issues affect us as a country and world community...

1. Jack Burton profile image82
      Jack Burtonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Is this an audition for a TV show about a young, speechless kid that sees connections that no one else in the whole world can see but him? It's been done already with Sutherland.

4. Silverspeeder profile image61
    Silverspeederposted 4 years ago

Firstly you would have to have those choices, many governments believe they should have the choice of whether or not you should have the choices.

working