jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Which country do you think has the happiest and liveliest people in the world?

1. silviuflorin profile image61
    silviuflorinposted 5 years ago

Which country do you think has the happiest and liveliest people in the world?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7878700_f260.jpg

2. baja2013 profile image69
    baja2013posted 5 years ago

I always imagine Jamaica or some other tropical country has it.
    I believe people on some nice pacific island with nice sand beaches, lot of different kind of fruits and birds really enjoy their life.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I have found, believe it or not, the Filipinos are very happy, religious people.

1. liesl5858 profile image88
      liesl5858posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you JThomp42, I am a Filipino and I can agree with what you said. We are happy and friendly people.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are very welcome.

4. Ralph Deeds profile image61
    Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago

Based on several trips, Brasil gets my vote. Brasilians are also the friendliest, in my opinion.

5. ladydeonne profile image77
    ladydeonneposted 5 years ago

Researchers at the  Legatum Institute in London took on the task of ranking the happiest countries in the world.  The results appeared in an article posted in Forbes on 01/15/2013.  Because of the touchy-feeley nature of "happy", the researchers called it prosperity instead. 

They defined happiness as being healthy, having enough food for self and family, having enough money to buy and do what you want, having a nice home, decent clothing, a car or two, cable TV,   good times with family and friends. 

They also said that happiness means being able to speak what's on your mind without fear, to worship the God of your choice, to feel safe in your home, and having the opportunity to get an education or to become an entrepreneur.

They ranked Norway as #1, Denmark as #2 and Sweden as # 3.  Norway was ranked #1 because it has a GDP of $57,000/year, the second highest level of satisfaction with their standard of living, 95% say they are satisfied with the freedom to choose the direction of their lives, 74% say people can be trusted, and the massive welfare state is bank rolled by high taxes and big reserves of offshore oil and gas.

According to the Index,  Luxembourg is the healthiest country in the world.  All of the top ten happiest countries are in Europe.

For the first time in (6) years, the USA is not ranked among the top 10.   The USA is ranked as #12.  According to the Ligatum Prosperity Index, the USA has slipped in the areas of governance, personal freedom, entrepreneurship, and opportunity.

working