jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

If the government AND the rebels are both using chemical weapons of mass destruc

1. ptosis profile image75
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

If the government AND the rebels are both using chemical weapons of mass destruction then ...

Shouldn't the world just leave that country alone to it's on devices??? "Testimony from victims of the conflict in Syria suggests rebels have used the nerve gas agent, sarin, according to a leading United Nations investigator."

Obama talked about the "red line" yet - I question if the US should enter Syria.

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 4 years ago

Naturally people would want to try to prevent a war involving chemical warfare... it's not safe for anyone in the country or any other country nearby. It affects the trade routes, the human population and can damage the world in every conceivable form.

Leaving it alone may seem like a good idea, but it's truly not. Do I think the US should invade? No. I think the UN should step in.. it shouldn't be just one country to try to stop it, but the whole world.

1. ptosis profile image75
      ptosisposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Phoebe Pike, Right now - nobody wants to be involved because then it'll makes Basher's claim about outside intervention is the cause of the war appear to be true. Everybody is scared about this becoming WW3 and make things worse.

3. nasser deep profile image74
    nasser deepposted 4 years ago

Chemical weapons or traditional weapons, murder is murder. I think if this was really a good world, all nations would step in and stop whatever injustice is out there. But the truth is , every country is concerned only with its own benefits. Right and wrong are measured by benefits not virtues.

4. Pollyannalana profile image85
    Pollyannalanaposted 4 years ago

This is horrible and what I am hearing is we will be helping the wrong ones and what if we do? Why would the government who has been winning start using chemical weapons. I am not sure at all we should do anything if we can't be sure it is the right thing.

Closed to reply