jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Do you agree with the Jodi Arias murder one guilty verdict conviction?

1. CRe8tiVeLiFe profile image68
    CRe8tiVeLiFeposted 4 years ago

Do you agree with the Jodi Arias murder one guilty verdict conviction?

2. ladydeonne profile image79
    ladydeonneposted 4 years ago

Based on the state of Arizona's case against Jodi and the evidence presented to the jury, I agree 100% with the verdict.  I was praying that we would not have a repeat of the Casey Anthony nightmare. This jury got it right!  I am thrilled that Travis Alexander's family got justice on today.  What Jodi did to Travis was so violent, cruel, and evil, the only appropriate verdict was Murder 1.  I don't believe in the death penalty but this case is so cut and dry. There is no doubt that she butchered Travis and that her actions were premeditated.  I would rather see her spend the rest of her life in prison.

3. moonlake profile image89
    moonlakeposted 4 years ago

How could you not agree? We know she did it and no matter why she did it she didn't have the right to kill another person. I think she is crazy I don't know why her lawyers didn't go in that direction.

4. Billrrrr profile image81
    Billrrrrposted 4 years ago

I agree with ladydeonne and Moonlake.  The weight of the evidence was bound to tip the scales of justice to the guilty side.  The penalty?  That's not as easy.  I'd like to think we, as a civilized nation, are above capital punishment:  but if I were to condone an exception this might be the case.

5. JimTxMiller profile image80
    JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago

The jury sat through the trial, heard the evidence and brought in a verdict. I did not. Of course, I agree with their decision.

1. Billrrrr profile image81
      Billrrrrposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Why Jim?  Did you feel that she was justified, as a battered woman?

6. Borsia profile image45
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

Absolutely, and I do believe in the death penalty.

7. RealityTalk profile image60
    RealityTalkposted 4 years ago

The State laid out a case for Murder One against Jodi Arias that gave the jury no other choice than a verdict to convict.  I believe the jury will have no choice but to vote yea in the next phase of the trial as well; that Arias murdered Travis Alexander in a cruel manner.  The manner of Travis Alexander's murder was horrific; it was carried out in a cruel and torturous manner by Arias.

Premeditation was too difficult to ignore in this case.  There was the matter of the gas cans.  The proven intent to cover all traces of her being in the State of Arizona.  Buying gas outside Arizona to avoid stopping to refuel in Arizona.  Turning off her cell phone in Arizona.  Renting a car from Budget.  The license plates (upside down & removed). The convenient burglary of her grandfather's gun shortly before the murder.  The clean-up after the fact.

The murder of Travis Alexander.  The taking of his life is tragic.  The fact that Jodie Arias felt she had to kill Travis.  The fact that Jodie Arias ruined the life of Travis and herself is sad.  But it is what it is.  And the jury got it absolutely correct.  Yes, I agree with the Murder One conviction of Jodie Ann Arias.

8. Madelline profile image75
    Madellineposted 3 years ago

Yes, unequivocally.
    I think J may have been a victim of childhood abuse, she may have symptoms of PTSD, but the relationship with TA does not fit the pattern or definition of domestic abuse. They were not even in a formal dating relationship. J has a mental disorder, that predates her relationship with TA, in my opinion.
    Regards MdM