jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you agree with the jury's guilty verdict against Scott Roeder in the killing

1. Ralph Deeds profile image62
    Ralph Deedsposted 8 years ago

Do you agree with the jury's guilty verdict against Scott Roeder in the killing of Dr.Tiller?...

Jury Reaches Guilty Verdict in Murder of Abortion Doctor

It took jurors 37 minutes on Friday to convict Scott Roeder,
    an abortion opponent, of first-degree murder in the death of
    George R. Tiller, one of the few doctors in the country to
    perform late-term abortions.

2. Arthur Fontes profile image81
    Arthur Fontesposted 8 years ago

It would have been a travesty of justice if he was not found guilty.  He admitted his guilt and there were plenty of witnesses against him.

Dr. Tiller and others of his creed need to beware for their occupational choices have left them at risk to this kind of vigilante justice.

3. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Anti-abortionists are warped by brainwashing religious dogma.  I don't believer in "hell", but if there was one, that is where Roeder should burn.

4. Hi-Jinks profile image60
    Hi-Jinksposted 8 years ago

I agree. Most anti-abortionists are hypocrites. Tiller was not alone.

5. Michael Shane profile image75
    Michael Shaneposted 8 years ago

I do not believe in abortion unless it is for the safety of the mother. I also realize it is not illegal to have an abortion which protects the rights of the doctors and clients. However, if a man walks up and kills a doctor, he has committed murder and whatever the jury decides should be feasable. Once again, I do not believe in abortion or support it unless it is for emergency reasons to protect the mother. There is too many people out there that can't have children & I think these babies can be given to them.

6. terced ojos profile image65
    terced ojosposted 8 years ago

It's interesting though that the Christians who are Pro-Life were not enraged at Dr. Tillers murder.

There was no passionate outcry in defense of Dr. Tillers life.  There were no Christian candle-light vigils weeping and bemoaning the life of a man who was a person made in the image and likeness of God.

Ironically enough Dr. Tiller was shot while attending church and worshipping Jesus Christ.

I am a non-denominational Christian man who knows that abortion is murder.

I have to tell you though. I am as disturbed if not more disturbed at the fact that Christians by and large remained silent at the death of Dr. Tiller.

Jesus loved Dr. Tiller as did his family.

I find it repugnant when Christians who claim to have Gods love living in them are not as passionate about the death of people like Dr. Tiller and Matthew Shepard and people who don't fit neatly into their own personal views of who is worthy of Gods love and who isn't.

To not give equal passion and time to crimes of this nature is tantamount to their approval.

Love your enemies, do good to those who despitefully use you, bless and do not curse........Sound familiar?

I'm not saying it's easy. I am saying it's Jesus's way but you already know that right?

If only these people practiced what they preached and the manifestation of Christian love was prevelant in this country; we would most likely not have the abortion crisis we currently have.

To answer your question Mr. Deeds. Yes I agree with the guilty verdict. I do not however support the death penalty. I think there's been enough killing already.

Closed to reply

working