jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does media reports create awareness or disappointment?

1. wqaindia profile image80
    wqaindiaposted 4 years ago

Does media reports create awareness or disappointment?

Print, Live or Internet media is full of sensational news. Some news report are so sensational that touch the hearts and one gets a feeling that this universe is full of bad things though it is not so. It creates disappointment and provocation to fight the evil forces. What do you feel?

2. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 4 years ago

The media reports both but the bad news gets more attention. It is an illusion. The good in the world is always greater than the bad. The media understands that good news gets boring after a while. It's not shocking. There is no debate or controversy. There is not much you can say about a beautiful field of grass or a sunset. But when a plane crashes, or a serial killer goes berserk, there is something to talk about.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

The media prints what people want to hear and what sales, "dirty laundry." People seem to want to hear about the bad, and the media feeds them very well.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I think one of the most harmful elements in our society today is the 24 hour news cycle. The stations that report news 24/7 have to search long and hard for items to fill the hours. So a lot of news stories are repeated over and over again.

You are right it does give a person the impression that our world is all bad and that there is little good. I guess good news does not sell advertising so they go for what is shocking and sensational.

I don't mind print media as much because you can pick and choose what to read but the news on TV is horrible, you are being bombarded by sight and hearing and it is just too much.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Both and more. Awareness, fear, disappointment, happiness, recognition, education, etc. You see both the evil forces and the good forces. It can cause you to become depressed if you watch too much media.