Fake News --- Has This Type Of Reporting Become The New Norm...

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image85
    Sharlee01posted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/15083270_f1024.jpg
    "Outrage has greeted media reports that American officials believe a Russian intelligence unit offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing foreign soldiers in Afghanistan, including targeting Americans.

The story first appeared in the New York Times, citing its sources as unnamed officials briefed on the matter, and followed up by the Washington Post. The reports said that the US had come to the conclusion about the operation several months ago and that Russia had offered rewards for successful attacks last year.

The Times wrote: “The intelligence finding was briefed to Trump, and the White House’s National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March.” White House officials apparently drew up several possible options to retaliate against the Kremlin, ranging from a diplomatic reprimand right through to fresh sanctions. However, the White House has so far not taken any action."

However, what you have just read well appears to be untrue altogether!

" Kayleigh McEnany, White House press secretary, said in a statement. "This does not speak to the merit of the alleged intelligence but to the inaccuracy of the New York Times story erroneously suggesting that President Trump was briefed on this matter.”

President Trump responded Sunday to a New York Times report about American intelligence learning that Russia offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing coalition forces including American troops, insisting that no one had briefed him, Vice President Pence, or White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows on this information.

It appears that the media have become very emboldened to report unsubstantiated stories. Is this kind of reporting acceptable?  Have we become a society that cares little about truth, but desire "dirty laundry" to feed our own ideologies?

It makes me stop and ask, have we been badly dummied down, and are fine with the "new norm" in reporting that much of the media has adopted?

1. Credence2 profile image81
      Credence2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

what makes me think that either McEnany or Trump is telling the truth?

Sharlee01posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Add Mark Meadows and John Radcliffe to the list that denies that the President was informed that American officials believe a Russian intelligence unit offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing foreign soldiers in Afghanistan, including targeting Americans.

A statement Saturday by John Ratcliffe, the director of national intelligence, also denied that the president was briefed on the issue, but also did not refute that Russia had offered bounties in exchange for attacks on U.S. forces.

https://www.nprillinois.org/post/trump- … -us-troops

The former acting director of national intelligence, Richard Grenell, who served the Trump administration, suggested on Sunday that the reports about the intelligence assessment were wrong.

“No one would be fine with this if it were true,” Grenell tweeted.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 … -us-troops

Fake news at its best. Put I see it served up very tasty to some. Even though a downright lie. Rotten politicking.

2. crankalicious profile image86
      crankaliciousposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I believe each and every one of our intelligence officers that have come forward with statements that prove the president was not informed that the information they had was verified in any respect.

Alk the "what if's" are fake news fodder, feed...

1. crankalicious profile image86

Do you know how news stories from reputable sources are written? Do you believe they just make them up? Do you know what independent verification is?

All this really boils down to is that you believe the President and not the various news sources. We all know that anyone in the administration will be fired if they don't toe the line.

I am more apt to believe our top Intelligent officers that have given statements in regard to the New York Times Fake story. Sorry.  I do not take the word of journalists that give no names to confirm their report or actually offer nothing but "what ifs". The facts show the president was not briefed on the Russian bounty story. The information has yet been proven to hold any truth.

I have added links where Secretary Mark Esper, Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe, and national security adviser Robert O'Brien offered direct statements.

"However, other senior national security officials, including Defense Secretary Mark Esper, Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe and national security adviser Robert O'Brien have all issued statements saying their departments have not corroborated the media reports."

This is all I need to see...

Giving under path testimony  to Congress ---Defense Secretary Esper, In Careful Exchange, Denies Being Briefed On 'Bounties'

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/09/88947102 … n-bounties

"In a rare public statement about an intelligence issue, newly appointed Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe confirmed Saturday that Trump and Pence were not briefed on intelligence the Times reported.

"The New York Times reporting and all other subsequent news reports about such an alleged briefing are inaccurate," said Ratcliffe,
            https://www.usnews.com/news/national-ne … pitol-hill

"White House national security adviser Robert O’Brien on Tuesday said that President Trump was not briefed on reports that Russian intelligence services offered bounties to Afghan militants for killing coalition forces.

“Over the past several days, the New York Times and other news outlets have reported on allegations regarding our troops in Afghanistan,” O'Brien said in a statement. “While we do not normally discuss such matters, we constantly evaluate intelligence reports and brief the President as necessary.”

“Because the allegations in recent press articles have not been verified or substantiated by the Intelligence Community, President Trump had not been briefed on the items. Nevertheless, the Administration, including the National Security Council staff, have been preparing should the situation warrant action,” he added."
            https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5051 … telligence

Seems like you only believe our top intelligence officials when it is convenient for you, hmmm?

And the accusation about revealing sources is a straw man. You clearly don’t understand how credible newspapers like the NYT and the Wall Street Journal write and verify their stories.

"Seems like you only believe our top intelligence officials when it is convenient for you, hmmm?"

I am not sure what you are referring too? If you would give me an example of an intelligent agent that stands behind the NYT story with a factual statement of wrongdoing I certainly will apologize. Unfortunately, none of the articles you provide did that. They offered, "it's possible" what if this happened" or this was the procedure when I worked in the department". None of which stand to give proof Trump was briefed on the Russia/ bounty piece of intelligence. It's clear you buy into such reporting. It's undigestable to me... I prefer facts, people that stand up give their name and put out a statement. You don't ascribe to facts, you ascribe to hearsay, maybe's, what if's. That is very clear.

I in no respect feel the NYT is a credible news source. My gosh with all the retractions they are forced to make all most weekly. Have a good long look at some...

https://www.nytimes.com/section/corrections

3. Jean Bakula profile image89
      Jean Bakulaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

We have the highest rate of COVID in the world, and you believe the media is lying? Wake up. Trump is a lying scumbag who doesn't care if we all die. He just wants to be re-elected, to destroy what little democracy we have left. He doesn't want to do the job. The whole world is laughing at us, or in sorrow about our country's demise.

The blonde that now serves as Trump's latest press secretary just repeats his lies. You can't truly believe they are telling the truth, and that reputable news outlets with FACTS and newspapers with good journalists who believe in science are wrong. You have refused to see Trump for what he is since he was elected.

Blondes cannot be trusted. Trump is not only a lying scumbag, but a racist as well. His supporters don’t care.

4. peterstreep profile image81
      peterstreepposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You give the title ----- " Fake News --- Has This Type Of Reporting Become The New Norm."
      And then you give one, only one example of Fake News. And a highly debatable one as well.
      I'm not going to debate the example, and one story is not important.
      What is worrying is that lies travel faster than the truth. And lies sell.
      Facebook is selling thousands of lies every second. But as it profits from lies it is not willing to stop them. The fastness of the internet and the commercial value of it, made lies one of the biggest selling points.
      An we as humans want lies. We believe lies, and we are ok with it. You lie, I lie, your parents lied to you (About Santa Clause, or the Tooth Ferry)
      Newspapers have lied since it's the first edition. Politicians lie. They tell one thing and do the other. This is been done over the ages.
      Trump has lied on many occasions, still, people accept it, why? Because an authority like the president can not lie? Or maybe, because it's a small lie and done for the greater good and is forgiven. Or maybe as a voter for Trump. attacking the president is like attacking yourself. By admitting the president is lying, the voter for Trump admits that he/she is lying too. That's an uncomfortable truth.
      Lies on the internet can be dangerous. Like the Pizzagate Scandal of Hillary Clinton. This story was a complete lie, but it leaves an impression.
      And before this conspiracy theory could be stopped, it was voting time.
      Conspiracy theories are dangerous. As we love them. They are good stories. But they are lies. Some are reasonably innocent (Fake moon landing filmed by Stanley Kubrick), some are dangerous (like blaming the Jews for WW 1.).

I understand your analogies, they ring true. However, never in America's history has the media sought so blatantly to lets; say attempt to skew context on a President and his administration. This is just my opinion. However, it is very easy to prove time and time again. Have you ever thought about the fact one can tune in to CNN 24/7 and you actually will not go more than a minute to two when they are not projecting something negative about the president, they never report a positive?

I am unaware of why anyone would not note this and find it odd at best. But to each his own.

I don't feel it's dangerous, I think most intelligent people see right through it.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"I don't feel it's dangerous, I think most intelligent people see right through it."

I don't.  Or most people are unintelligent, maybe.  If it were true we wouldn't see it repeated a hundred times on facebook, we wouldn't see it repeated on the 6 o'clock news, and we wouldn't see it printed in textbooks.

But we do.

Great point. I guess actually it would be hard to actually know if the majority or minority that have the intellect to see lies from truths or really care about truth any more.

I think most people can spot lies...if they care to and if their mind has not already decided what the "truth" is and that anything else is a lie.

Do you feel many are fine with just not caring about the truth anymore? I find it odd that one could not be a bit skeptical of a news outlet's that only reports negative 24/7. One cannot tune into let's say, CNN, and not hear a negative about Trump in a minute or two. It's almost eerie. 

And with so many lies being perpetrated by media, retracted lies, is it not odd many will still wholeheartedly believe what they are told to believe even when the lie is outed? The lie is kept as truth and spread. The negative is what sells, and keeps the population scared and needing updates on just how scared they should be. Sad way to live, and so destructive to our society...

2. peterstreep profile image81

I think it is dangerous. Journalism today is more than ever focusing on negative news. Stories they show you let you fear, hate and feel angry about things. Fear about a virus, fear about Brexit, fear about losing money. Fear sells.
          Journalism should be a mirror of the world. Showing the good things and bad things. But it is concentrated on the bad things.
          And it's like bringing up a child. If you only accentuate the negative aspects it will influence the child's character. It will see a grim world, ruled by hate and it will not show love or compassion. It will lack empathy. As it does not see these things in the news. Positivism is a strong force, but the media forgot this force.
          What we see and read on the TV, news, Facebook does change us. That's why there is such a huge chasm between the left and the right. The opinion of the middle ground is disappearing.
          Propagating negative energy, that's what the majority of the news does. From the left to the right. And this fearmongering and negativism affect society and our lives.
          It is a dangerous force. We may see through it, but still, it gets to you.

I agree with your opinion, media strives to only report negative, and worse than that they twist context and out and out lie to keep the fires burning. I don't think there is any chance of the divide being mended. What is going on in our country at this point can be traced back to our media, and citizens that have become accustomed to believing anything they hear. many not having the fortitude to research a by-line, a social media blurb, or a line or two from a media talk jock that or their panel of guests.

Yes, it is a dangerous force, and many just do not see through it. Actually it's hard to determine if the majority or minority is in the herd of believers of media distortion.

2. GA Anderson profile image81
            GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"Fear sells."

And there you have it. You nailed it peterstreep.

Everything and I do mean everything, is now the chase for the almighty dollar. From clicks to acclamations, it's all about getting the dollars.

I don't remember the paraphrase, but it boils down to the times when news divisions were viewed as essential public service, (read as 'loss leaders'), to being required to monetarily support themselves.

It is just a personal opinion, but I view the start of these times to be the birth of CNN—the 24-hour news cycle. No longer was the news a part of a broadcast program, now it was the purpose of a program.

Of course, I understand that in earlier times 'if it bleeds it leads' was an integral part of TV news programming, but I believe that with the advent of 24-hour news coverage 'if it bleeds it leads' became the mantra of news broadcasting. To the detriment of news broadcasting credibility.

GA

1. peterstreep profile image81

'if it bleeds it leads' became the mantra of news broadcasting.
              Yes. War is made into sensationalism. I remember the bombing of Iraq life on television by CNN. First I was excited, and I went with the reporters. But this excitement changed for me into something of disgust. The media talking about killing people as if it was a sport. (I remember a bridge destroyed by a missile and the reporter jolly saying, "O, man, that's his lucky day...". referring to somebody who was just of the bridge.
              This is probably the most literal example I know of "if it bleeds it leads.." but it's in many forms.
              Another thing I incredible dislike and is close to fake news is Clickbait. So many newspapers have headers that tell a completely different thing then the article. And as I often simply skim the front page, those headlines don't represent journalism but internet commerce. And I think that this clickbait, the commerce behind the internet, has changed the media and the news.

5. crankalicious profile image86
  2. lions44 profile image89
    lions44posted 4 years ago

Is General John Nicholson fake news? He pointed to Russia's involvement in 2018.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41842285

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor … er-broker/

Actually the New York Times article accused President Trump of being aware President due to American intelligence that Russia offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing coalition forces including The article you supplied is in regard to Russia supporting the Taliban with weapons.  Which has been suspected for some time now?

I was pointing out that the Times just did not verify the story with the White House, and published the story that now the White House and the president. and   John Ratcliffe, the director of national intelligence denies the story holds any truth.

"A statement Saturday by John Ratcliffe, the director of national intelligence, also denied that the president was briefed on the issue, but also did not refute that Russia had offered bounties in exchange for attacks on U.S. forces."

https://www.nprillinois.org/post/trump- … -us-troops

The former acting director of national intelligence, Richard Grenell, who served the Trump administration, suggested on Sunday that the reports about the intelligence assessment were wrong.

“No one would be fine with this if it were true,” Grenell tweeted.

3. Sharlee01 profile image85

"A group of veterans opposed to President Donald Trump released a new video calling him out over reports that the U.S. government knew the Russian military paid bounties to Afghan militants for killing American soldiers."

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 … /24540294/

And all due to a news outlet publishing a lie... No consequence, no retraction, just a lie that is now doing the work it was set out to do...  Add more fuel for those that dislike the President.  This is some evil shi---

A lie cannot be independently verified. Are you saying that this accusation was made up? Please explain how that happens.

"Are you saying that this accusation was made up? Please explain how that happens."

Confusion.  What do you mean, "Please explain how that happens."?  We see it a thousand times every day on social media (including these forums) and even on our so-called "news" media.  People say something that is not true, it is repeated over and over, and other people begin to believe it IS true.

2. Sharlee01 profile image85

No, it is very clear our intelligent agency new of the accusation and were working on verifying it, and actually have not verified it to this day. They made the decision not to bring it fully to the presidents attention until they had more information.

The NYT did not verify the story. Have you read the story?  They accused the president of knowing that Russia had bounties on our military personal and took no action...  No one to my knowledge has proven that Russia put out bounties on American soldiers, and it has been well proven Trump was not briefed on the issue.  It remains an unproven accusation.

4. Sharlee01 profile image85

Even though the top officers from the Intelligence Agencies have claimed that the President was not notified of this leaked untrue Russia Russia Russia, story we know have the Dem's starting an investigation into the matter. say they "FEEL" (LOL) that the president is not being kept brief due to his "lack of wanting to hear certain things" ... What a bunch of BS. 

In my long life have never been so disgusted with this form of dirty rotten politicking. It is clear many in this country have been so dummied down they could care less about truth, and have become a true detriment to America. 

One only needs to look at a party that is running a man that is so clearly senile. A man that is perfect to be used as a puppet.

Politics in our country has been on a downward slide for many years now - decades at least.  It seemed to gain more momentum with increasing emphasis put on maintaining job security rather than the needs of the country - as politicians decided their power, money and position meant more to them than running the country the political shenanigans have grown beyond belief.  There used to be a little mud slinging (always has been) but the entire game has descended into the cesspool under the outhouse we call "government".

Sadly, state and even county and city politics is following the example set by those of our ethical and moral leaders in D.C.

I do agree with all you fully. I knew through the Obama years the country was failing fast, felt there was hope seeing Trump win. Now, even after how well the country was doing, it well appears many are opting to adopt socialism or worse.

Greed is a powerful driving force, and when you can force others to give you what they worked for, without need for effort...well, that's what socialism is all about.  Re-distribute what others worked for so you can have it but don't have to work or sacrifice for it.

Failing fast? Despite the stock market doubling and jobs increasing every month. How is that failing compared to standing idly by and letting people die during a pandemic, promoting white power, and using the presidency to shill beans?

I would appreciate a reply to this more reason conversation-- You seem to have deflected back to a very old conversation from two weeks ago...  And left today's conversation abruptly.

"Seems like you only believe our top intelligence officials when it is convenient for you, hmmm?"

My response ---. I am not sure what you are referring too? If you would give me an example of an intelligent agent that stands behind the NYT story with a factual statement of wrongdoing I certainly will apologize. Unfortunately, none of the articles you provide did that. They offered, "it's possible" what if this happened" or this was the procedure when I worked in the department". None of which stand to give proof Trump was briefed on the Russia/ bounty piece of intelligence. It's clear you buy into such reporting. It's undigestable to me... I prefer facts, people that stand up give their name and put out a statement. You don't ascribe to facts, you ascribe to hearsay, maybe's, what if's. That is very clear.

I in no respect feel the NYT is a credible news source. My gosh with all the retractions they are forced to make all most weekly. Have a good long look at some...

https://www.nytimes.com/section/corrections

To address your deflect --- Standing by watching people die. That was the Dems when they went all over TV calling Trump a racist for stopping travel from China. That would be the Dems, left the National stockpile depleted, that would be the Dem's holding up the first relief package. All facts, all can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Trump has done a superb job handling a crisis that has never befallen America since the Spanish Flu. He took a horrible situation and worked to get the states each and everything they needed at great speed. If you want to point fingers point them at the Governors. Trump lives up to his task, many Governor failed their citizens horribly. You seem to refuse to either realize or just don't care to believe Trump stepped up and did as much as humanly possible. He never promoted white power, never...  In regards to sticking up for a company that idiot Dems blatantly came out and boycotted. More power to him. He was giving back what the Fools gave, made me laugh, as I am sure it did many. Not that one needs a reason to laugh at the Democrats in Washington. They are a circus of laughs almost daily.

And might add, he was very smart to support a company owned and run by a minority that is well known to be generous to help the poor. Not so smart to boycott a company owned and run by a minority that is so generous to charities and the poor. But, hey that's Dems logic... "Look at me, I am silly and make no sense, but you better open that mouth and eat up the feed or else...

Trump from the time he walked into that White Houses has honored Americans of all races and creed. He cares about People all people, and hopefully, the people will see that. He has not an ounce of pander in him, that is so refreshing to most that are well over a president that did nothing more than pander.

What a horrible thing to accuse the president of." letting people die".  Shill beans --- He is the president, and you do what?

In my opinion, Obama was one of America's worst presidents. He divided the country, and it was obvious that is what he set out to do. I can honestly say I was never more ashamed of America. Trump watched people die?  500 thousand died in Syria under his watch. 500 thousand. Not sure how Obama can sleep at night. In my eyes, he has lots of blood on his hands, that won't wash away with time.

Let's revert to the subject the Fake News Media. Obama is a dead issue for me. Fake news is alive and well, and it's the left-wing media I am after. How did you enjoy reading the long list of retractions the NYT has made in just a few months. I could add more from last year. Not sure many would trust an outlet so famous for twisting the truth. LOL

2. Sharlee01 profile image85

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden pulled no punches in going after President Trump on Tuesday during his first press conference in 89 days,

Former vice president  Biden slammed President Trump for his response to reports that Russian intelligence operatives offered to pay bounties to Taliban-linked militants who killed U.S. troops in Afghanistan. But, there is a problem, Joe --- The president was not briefed on the situation.

The President completely denies being briefed on the allegation that Russia offered bounties on the American military. top intelligent officers came out immediately with statements to confirm trump was not briefed. Yet for three days now we once again have a Fake news story circulating. With no retraction or apology from the New York Times. The story has grown legs... Just as it was meant too.

I find it very suspicious that this new Russian story comes out days before Joe decides it's time to come out of his basement and give a press conference.   A pretty obvious Joe the puppet ploy, and  Yummy food for Dems ." No matter it be a lie, it will bring a loud bias "let's impeach the guy... "  LOL

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- … y-3-months

3. Sharlee01 profile image85

Once again CNN Jim Acosta twists the context of a statement made by CNN's Jim Acosta blasted for taking Kayleigh McEnany out of context in a viral tweet Yet no apolgy no retraction...  Dirty reporting alive and well on CNN. And the sheep ate it up and spread it all over social media. Propaganda is dangerous.

During Thursday's briefing, McEnany reiterated President Trump's strong stance on wanting children to be going back to school in the fall amid a fiery debate about how educators can prevent the spread of the coronavirus outbreak.

"The science should not stand in the way of this, but as Dr. Scott Atlas said -- I thought this was a good quote, 'Of course, we can do it. Everyone else in the Western world, our peer nations are doing it. We are the outlier here,'" McEnany said, quoting the former Stanford Medical Center neurology chief.

"The science is very clear on this. For example, you look at the JAMA pediatric study of 46 pediatric hospitals in North America that said the risk of critical illness from COVID is far less for children than the seasonal flu. The science is on our side here. We encourage localities and states to just simply follow the science. Open our schools,"

"Jim Acosta
      @Acosta
      The White House Press Secretary on Trump's push to reopen schools: "The science should not stand in the way of this."
      3:01 PM · Jul 16, 2020"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-jim-a … ny-science
      https://hubstatic.com/15114045.jpg

1. Jean Bakula profile image89
        Jean Bakulaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

How can we send children back to school when COVID is now attacking young people? Kids won't social distance, and they can be carriers to bring the virus back to family. Send your Grandchildren back if you are that dumb.

I did not bring up the problem that presents sending children back to school. My comment is in regards to Jim Acosta presenting a negative untrue report on Twitter. He clearly took the opportunity to askew  McEnany words to fit a negative narrative. Feed for those that hunger for anything negative and hateful. His tweet was retweeted and spread quickly over social media.

This thread is about Fake News. And CNN is prone to report fake news... This kind of news does nothing but deepen the divide, and it is clear you hoped to deflect from the subject. Why? Do you find it hard to admit Jim's cheap ploy to twist McEnany words out of context, and promote a lie?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)