jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Obama: We’re going to have to change how the media reports?

1. PhoenixV profile image74
    PhoenixVposted 17 months ago

Obama: We’re going to have to change how the media reports?

How do you feel about Obama wanting to turn MSM into more of  propaganda machine than it is already?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image27
    bradmasterOCcalposted 17 months ago

If that is true, then we have more in common with Russia and state run media and other what should be privately run businesses.

The difference between MSM and News is that the news doesn't make conclusions on events. They just give the information on the events they report.

Unfortunately, too many people digest the MSM which if it were a food would be minimal protein, and filled with Fat and Sugar? The MSM and the daily diet of Americans is the same, and both are bad for our health. One destroys brain cells, and the other destroys the body.

Sorry, the latter statement is my conjecture showing, but both are bad for us. We have had an increasing diet of both of these since Cable TV News was created.

I suspect that having little opposition, the MSM has slowly but surely increased their opinions at the expense of the facts.

Today, even the news headlines are a conclusion and a guide as to the outcome of the story. This is suggested by the conclusionary  adjectives that tip the scale away from being objective, factual and accurate.

Obama will be gone soon but the MSM paradigm will continue.
    I don't like it, so I haven't watched Cable News or TV broadcast News in over a decade.

1. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 17 months agoin reply to this

When he said "We’re going to have to change how the media reports." I wonder just what he means, who is "we" and how do "we" change "how the media reports?"Even more worrisome who's HE want to decide how the media reports?lol The UN?

2. PhoenixV profile image74
      PhoenixVposted 17 months agoin reply to this

When obama says "we"  you can bet it is not "us".

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image27
      bradmasterOCcalposted 17 months agoin reply to this

PhoenixV, Thank You
      In 2008, he said he would change America, and he did it. He just didn't say which way he would change it. As it turns out, it was from Bad to Worse. And that is an achievement as we just hit the bottom, and cratered.

3. claptona profile image82
    claptonaposted 17 months ago

What obama actually said was that he wanted more "curation", which means "selecting" or "picking" of what could and could not be read.
    Now this from a prez that has blocked more freedom of information requests than any other president. The same prez that told us how great his "Affordable Healthcare Act" was.
    And he wants a panel that's going to select and pick what is being viewed by me?
    I'd believe he'd be as open and honest with the choices like hillary was with her emails, which were continually deleted after being subpoenaed.
    How crazy can america get?
    Well, looking at the presidential race, as crazy as any insane asylum.
    Is it possible that obamama could get his way?
    Wel, the government spies on everyone - reads emails, listens in on phone conversations, sets up false cell towers to get into people cell phones, sells guns to drug cartels and politically sways investigations into politicians corruption.
    So, right now, and looking at a possible hillary killory clinton getting into the W.H., I'd say yeah, I'd say censorship is right around the corner.
    Just look at the mass media - playing up the sexcapades being charged against Trump and then ignoring all the conniving and mishandling of info by the democrats and hillary.
    I'm more concerned with the democratic process being compromised daily than what Trump did with his hands or other parts of his body. If billy clinton can get away with his sexcapades, give the same pass to Trump.
    I feel about obamama the same as I did 8 years ago - he's a communist marxist who hates america and white people. He confirms that every time he talks.
    And americans, if they are as dumb as rocks as they appear to be in this election, then they probably would have no problem with the government censoring what they read.
    Because, heaven forbid that they would be offended by what someone wrote and have to go to the safe room, or stall, in the ladies bathroom.