jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is Hubpages the place you look forward to connecting and chatting?

1. Oscarlites profile image35
    Oscarlitesposted 4 years ago

Is Hubpages the place you look forward to connecting and chatting?

What do you think when someone appears to use this for their daily conversation, or place to vent?   Or do you look for more meaningful posts and comments than just chit chat? or is it ok to just chit chat?   I find myself occasionally tempted to say what's all going on, but don't feel everyone wants to know what I did with my day..  But I notice some are very comfortable doing so. where is it ok, and where is it not?

2. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 4 years ago

I look forward to reading and commenting, asking and answering questions and it's this aspect that has kept me here despite not being able to write as frequently as I would like. There are a few with whom I feel pretty comfortable. It's been my experience that some people are very comfortable chatting back and forth and others may not be or may simply not have the time to do so.

Oscarlitesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

great!  there are times I fuzz out on hub writing. then I catch up on reading.

3. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 4 years ago

You can chat here?  Not being sarcastic.  I didn't know you could.  Well, obviously I don't do that because I didn't know it was even an option.  We don't even have emails.  And that's fine with me.  I do my socializing on Facebook or in real life.  I think HubPages is for writers and readers.  It's not a social network.  I don't consider commenting on a hub or answering questions chatting or socializing, however.

I agree.. of the three, hubs, forums, and answers, I think those are the options.

4. BuffaloGal1960 profile image74
    BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years ago

I feel a little guilty if I ask a question and then can't get back to it because I might be out 12 hours like today.  I don't chit chat, new to HP though. I don't know if you call it socializing. I was enjoying many of the questions and answers with the exception of a few who seem to be provoking confrontation or mocking ones' faith shall we say.

yes mam, I have heard some are offended if you don't answer each comment here, but life is a reality of choices where to spend your time. I hope it stays enjoyable for you!.

working