What would YOU propose to make this world a MUCH BETTER place for all?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (28 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

What  would YOU propose to make this world a MUCH BETTER place for all?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8382258_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image72
    dashingscorpioposted 11 years ago

I'm far from being a "bible thumper", however if everyone adopted the "Love thy neighbor as thyself" the world would be a much better place. Mind you this will NEVER happen! :-)

gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Excellent answer, Dashing!

2. cfin profile image65
      cfinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Morals and religion have links but one can be a moral atheist. This is a good comment.

3. MarleneB profile image93
    MarleneBposted 11 years ago

I don't know... paint everyone the same color? Putting the kidding aside, if I were the one in charge of the task of making this world a much better place, I would require everyone to attend and pass a "Social Investment" course, designed by a task force which includes people in various major professions. I'm serious now - people would take this course so that they could be trained according to their preferred learning style (audio, visual, tactical) and they must pass the course with an "A" before being allowed to enter into the work force. In other words, people would not be allowed to work for a corporation until they have shown their ability to understand others and what it takes to get along with others. It could work.

Another great answer, Marlene!

4. gregas profile image81
    gregasposted 11 years ago

It is actually very simple and the only way to make the world a better place, "Simply start over". Just my opinion.

5. suzettenaples profile image90
    suzettenaplesposted 11 years ago

Speaking kindly and gently to people and about people.  It is all in our attitude and approach.  Even though it is a busy world, if we take the time to smile and listen to others, we will have added greatness to this world.  Instead of jumping to the conclusion that the 'other person' is out to 'get me,' if we could pause a moment and see that person as an ally, not an enemy, that would go far to make this a better world. 

I believe it needs to start at the local level and grow from there to make any visible change in the world.

6. Organised Kaos profile image72
    Organised Kaosposted 11 years ago

Everyone taking the time to look after our earth.

7. cfin profile image65
    cfinposted 11 years ago

Humans are flawed, and perception is everything. Without our flaws and the evils in the world, nothing would seem good, or "much better". Its all relative. The world will never be a "much better" place, it was never a much better place and it is just, unfortunately not a possibly.

We are the world of humans, and we are flawed. All we can do, is create our own world, and make that the best place we can.

We humans are the product of our condition. Many humans are so-called flawed because of the negative inculcation they received via religions and society than they are "sinners" and "lessers". Humans have far more potential than is realized.

2. gregas profile image81
      gregasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good common sense and honest answer. There is no way to change the world as it is.

3. cfin profile image65

GMwilliams. Humans are animals just like all others. I feel that I am moral, but I will always strive to be better than the next. That is what makes us human. Unfortunately that is also what makes us flawed. My world is my family, I make it better.

4. profile image0
      Sri Tposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The world is constantly improving. It is evolving. We are doing better than the cavemen did right? :-)

5. cfin profile image65

Its objective Sri T. Are we happier? I like technology, but I also would prefer a world without it.

6. RealityTalk profile image61
      RealityTalkposted 11 years agoin reply to this

cfin, I don't mean to start a dispute, but I doubt u would like a world w/out tech. Tech brought us heated homes, sanitation, supermarkets, medical advances, transportation & more. It was common for a couple to lose 1/2 their kids & more prio

7. cfin profile image65

@ Reality Talk, When I say tech, I mean TV's, DVD's, computers and all the entertainment tech. I wish I could explain but I don't have much space to explain. I mean playing board games instead of v-games, a chat instead of TV etc(not progressive tech

8. RealityTalk profile image61

cfin, Then what u meant was more like Andy Griffith's Mayberry.  They still had tech, but it was a simpler time. I could live with that as well.

9. cfin profile image65

Indeed. I am typing while busy. I understand how my statement was mis-written. And only sometimes I feel like that. Too many people, too few personalities. You know?

10. RealityTalk profile image61

cfin, I understand.  Have a great weekend!

8. Enock Vera profile image62
    Enock Veraposted 11 years ago

I would take away the greed as it seems to be prevalent in mans downfall, however greed is extraordinarily resilient and tenacious so this will be a hard battle to won; but that's not to say the victory is unattainable.

9. RealityTalk profile image61
    RealityTalkposted 11 years ago

I don't know if there is a valid & workable answer to such a great question.  People can be kind and selfless, but they tend to lean towards selfish, self-centered & just overall ego centric.

How do you remake a world full of people who strive to be number one.  People who from childhood are taught to fear strangers instead of greeting them with kindness.  People who are educated to believe they must do better than everyone else at any cost or they are failures.  People who are taught money and having more possessions than Bob next door is paramount to being labeled a success.  People who whisper about friends and neighbors going through divorce, illness or financial hardships yet whisper is all they do; nothing is done to help.  I'm prettier.  I have a better job.  Look at my brand new expensive car.  Look at my fancy clothes, my big house.  I went on a European vacation last month.  Where did you go? Oh, just camping?

I just wish people could stop and think.  I wish people would help their neighbors anyway possible.  I wish people when helped wouldn't respond by claiming help is owed them, but that they appreciate the kindness that no one had to bestow upon them.  I wish we could calmly discuss issues rationally & logically.  I wish people would face up to realities & not create imaginary gods & pray to the wind.  We must look to each other for the answers to our prayers, not some god.  I wish people would share their good fortune with others.  Not through charitable organizations or churches where a large percentage goes to support a living for the middleman.  No, share good fortunes by just giving to each other.  If someone is in financial straits & you are well off, give - don't loan them help.  And then I hope what goes around comes around.

I wish power hungry political leaders give way to caring leaders.  I wish that voters in this country would stop voting for rich business men and relatives of past politicians and vote in people who care about those who need help in this nation.  I wish politicians would end party politics and insider business buyouts & work for the people or get another job. Voters can change laws to effect this, but they don't hoping they too can hop aboard the gravy train.

What I hope for is not impossible.  A world of caring, loving, selfless people.  They do exist. But is it practical? No. Not until the mindset of people goes beyond the self & cares for everyone else like the god so many pray to but don't live up to.

10. Kiss andTales profile image60
    Kiss andTalesposted 11 years ago

Man has tried his hands to correct the wrong in all things done on The earth, now earths reflects what man has done world wide with his own hand , It is a bigger mess then he can handle , it is all out of control,  it would take a greater and stronger force or person to correct the damage done, and it will be corrected, and those that welcome it will support it ,and those who get in the way will not be there to stop the future of peace and happiness, Happy are the peaceable for they shall inherit the earth is a promise, The answer to this question is to support  the heavenly king and his Government mention in Daniel 2:44,and in Revelations ,a new Earth and a new Heavens.

1. gregas profile image81
      gregasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Like I said in my comment earlier, "start over".

11. fivesenses profile image69
    fivesensesposted 11 years ago

More tolerence towards one another and definitely more love towards other humans.

Yes indeed!

12. Anna Haven profile image70
    Anna Havenposted 11 years ago

Everyone deserves respect and to be treated decently. Whatever beliefs, differences or preconceptions the individual has,  should have no effect whatsoever on the following of that one fundamental rule.

Basically we need to show others the respect that we would like to be shown.

13. easylearningweb profile image81
    easylearningwebposted 11 years ago

I agree with suzettenaples, and to elaborate, I think random acts of kindness coupled with a smile works wonder. Smiling is contagious and if you are kind to someone else, there is a chance that you will make their day and they will be kind to someone else. Keeping it positive and spreading cheer always makes the world a better place to be!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)