jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

So did Obama and the Democrats sign up for Obamacare yet?

1. Cassie Smith profile image68
    Cassie Smithposted 4 years ago

So did Obama and the Democrats sign up for Obamacare yet?

Why aren't they the first to sign up?  Surely, they're not going to let technology stop the Big O and the powerful democrats from getting the fabulous health care benefits that is Obamacare.

2. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 4 years ago

As far as I know right this minute, the answer is no.  They seem to have a great deal of reluctance to be a part of this plan they shoved down our throats.

If I was Obama, or any of our elected Royalty, I would be ashamed to have anyone find out I was excluding myself from this healthcare plan.

Supposedly, in spite of John Boehner spouting off about how unfair this is, they found emails he sent to Harry Reid urging him to keep all of them on the plan.  Then Boehner can come back whining to us about how hard he tried to reverse this, but "they" wouldn't let him.

They are all lying scumbags as far as I am concerned.  The further we get into this the less I believe anything that comes out of their mouths.  It is all just a 3 ring circus for our benefit.  They already know what they are going to do and it will be accomplished a few minutes before the deadline.  Watching Congress in action is like watching any of the TV Reality shows with the manufactured deadline or crisis.

Cassie Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Lying scumbags is the term that is least offensive right now.  I totally agree with you Poolman.

3. brblog profile image86
    brblogposted 4 years ago

You only sign up for Obamacare if you do not have already have insurance - that does not affect too many . . . but then your the purpose of your question is just to make a political point, right . . .

Of course.  And since this program was so great and touted to be much cheaper you'd expect all govt workers to be on it and help out the taxpayer.  But no, I guess the Big O and the dummycrats got a reality check.

2. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You would be correct if your present insurance company is willing to keep you at affordable rates.  There is nothing political about wanting affordable insurance.

3. brblog profile image86
      brblogposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Insurance companies have been raising rates well above inflation and often in the double digits for the last 20 years . . . Obamacare might work and it might not but since it has not really even started, it is pure politics to condemn it right now.

4. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

brblog - My guess is you have not been watching the news or reading much.  There are many who have had their insurance rates triple under Obamacare.  These are facts not politics.  Check it out and you will see for yourself.  Facts will win everytime

5. tsadjatko profile image55
      tsadjatkoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

brblog, you really don't know anything about Obamacare, do you.Everything wrong about it was predicted by conservatives even before it was passed, the rest they predict will come to pass "Obamacare Not the Way Intelligent People Do Things"-Ben Carson

4. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8443515_f260.jpg

Of course not Cassie!   Obama has institutionalized Obama"care" for the "masses", it was NEVER meant for him and the other Democrats.  He indicated that members of congress do not have to have Obamacare.  He subconsciously knows that Obama"care" will not be effective and the health care under this Obama"care" will be quite inferior.   It is DO AS I SAY, NOT DO AS I DO.  Obama secretly believes that he is smarter and better than us" hoi polloi" Americans who are not as "educated" and "intelligent" like he is.

Our government is more like Animal Farm.  And more than half the people refuse to wake up and see that more of their freedoms are being taken away.  Or more accurately, they gave up their freedoms for what they consider to be "free" benefits. Sad.

2. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Cassie, you are right.  They refuse to wake up to the fact that Obama does not care about them and they are just pawns in his socialization policy.Have you notice if you dare critique Obama, they accuse you of being a rightwinger.

5. kschimmel profile image48
    kschimmelposted 4 years ago

One of my sons is self-employed and the rate hikes on his insurance are absurd--just as would be expected.  Many years ago I worked as an actuarial assistant, so I understand the math involved.  Our royal "masters" also understand the math, but don't care because, as Orwell said, "Some animals are more equal than others."

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Kschimmel, of course, Obama"care" will mean overall insurance increases. Sad some Lieberals refuse to acknowledge this. They see Obama"care" as the greatest thing since Wonderbread.  I knew that Obama"care" will be disastrous socioeconomically!

working