jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How can we have a discussion, if we only have so many characters?

1. Dranea profile image65
    Draneaposted 4 years ago

How can we have a discussion, if we only have so many characters?

I tried to have multiple discussions, yet the amount of characters left makes it difficult to be concise.

2. jaydawg808 profile image91
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

For longer topical things, it should be in the forum and not a question.  That's my opinion....

Draneaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm confused. I probably should have just asked this question on one of my posts, yet I can't reply, unless someone else replies to state this. It would also take up my characters to mention it.

3. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

The character limits are in place in the answers section to prevent (or atleast attempt to prevent) long discussions. The forums are for debate and discussion. The Q and A section is for basic questions. This is HP's way of keeping a lot of the drama hidden away where google does not pick it up. The down side to this is that many of us who enjoy discussion here in the Q and A do not go to the forums. Often you can post something in the forums and if the handful of people in that section don't feel it is worthy of their trolling or hateful debate it gets few replies. Yet you can post the same thing here and it will get 20 answers and lots of comments. Over all I would rather be limited by the characters and get answers and debate with people who aren't trolls. I find the majority of people in this section are more mature (there are a few exceptions).

Draneaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I received a ton of replies, so it was difficult for me to address everyone. I feel like it wasn't even a question, rather someone's opinion/rant, but disguise as so. Thanks for the clarification!

working