jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What were you doing the day President Kennedy was killed?

1. moonlake profile image91
    moonlakeposted 4 years ago

What were you doing the day President Kennedy was killed?

We were in California. I was home didn't have the television on. My sister-in-law called and told me what had happened. My husband was in Laguna Beach laying carpet.
    It was so sad and so scary. We were glued to the television.

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 4 years ago

I was a kid but I do remember it on black and white TV and my mom and dad looking scared and trying to not scare us kids. I was home and all of a sudden it was an overwhelming serious thing. My first experience of that.

3. Becky Katz profile image85
    Becky Katzposted 4 years ago

I was only 3 years old. I do not remember. My husband was in biology class and remembers it very vividly. He has said that it was really scary. Everyone was crying about our President being gone.

4. jaydawg808 profile image92
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

This is an easy question.......I wasn't even born yet.  Thus, nothing.

5. suzettenaples profile image90
    suzettenaplesposted 4 years ago

I was in the fourth grade and the class next door was listening in on a ham radio to Kennedy's Dallas trip so they knew immediately when he was shot.  Their teacher came to our class and in shock and near hysterics announced it to our class.  We were the first to hear about it and our classes were immediately dismissed and we all went home to watch it on TV.  By the time we got home they were just announcing he was dead.  We were off school until the funeral was over and were glued to the TV.  So sad a time and I was living in NJ at the time and we had just gotten over the Cuban missle crisis the year before and people on the east coast were really nervous about a world nuclear incident happening too.

6. profile image59
    retief2000posted 4 years ago

I was busy being 3 and 1/2 years old.  Now that I am 54 I commemorated the day with off color jokes about this moderately accomplished President's taste for barely legal women from the stenography pool and the local professionals(read call girls.)

7. MG Singh profile image46
    MG Singhposted 4 years ago

I wasn't born then, but I have read a lot about the Kennedy assassination.

working