jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Has National Geographic always been a Right-wing propaganda machine?

1. Ben Zoltak profile image82
    Ben Zoltakposted 4 years ago

Has National Geographic always been a Right-wing propaganda machine?

I've noticed over the past few years that the National Geographic Channel is a blatant conservatively bent media machine. War, austerity and conspiracy are glorified, the impovereshed are villianized. Has National Geographic always been this way or only recently? Does the magazine also act as a Right-wing propaganda outlet? This is dissapointing because as a child I thought that they stood for integrity.

2. profile image61
    retief2000posted 4 years ago

I guess I need to watch the National Geographic Channel and cancel my subscription to their pretty rag. Funny how the magazine oozes global climate change garbage.  I wonder if NatGeo does the same, if no than  they will be worth the viewing, that is if you are right and given the tone and attitude of your question I would bet you are not.

3. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

Over the years I have stopped watching several programs after they started pounding the political pulpit, whether it be Right or Left. But I get to catch NGC a few times a month and have not noticed anything that even remotely makes me suspect they are panderers for any political ideal.  And this is probably why so many friends also watch this particular network.

4. profile image0
    CalebSparksposted 4 years ago

Have most major "news" networks and newspapers always been a mouthpiece for all things Leftist? Seriously, do you guys realize that most every nationally know media source spews your propaganda? Do you expect a totally monopoly on information?

5. Levellandmike profile image79
    Levellandmikeposted 4 years ago

Let me answer your question with a question: What the hell are you talking about?

1. profile image0
      CalebSparksposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good answer, Levellandmike. The Left is not content to simply have a voice...they want to be the ONLY voice!

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

National Geographic is one of the finest educational magazines there is. I have subscribed to it for decades! What are YOU talking about ?

6. Mitch Alan profile image82
    Mitch Alanposted 4 years ago

Could you cite some specific article with a link? What exactly are the issues that you are referring to? If you are more precise in you accusations, then possibly a discussion could follow.

working