jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Who is someone from your past that you are sorry you lost track of?

1. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

Who is someone from your past that you are sorry you lost track of?

2. Jacqueline4390 profile image84
    Jacqueline4390posted 4 years ago

My childhood best friend Velma Woods. We were very close in elementary school. As the years past we drifted apart because of other interests and goals. Also my first sweetheart Tommy King.

"Ain't it funny how time slips away?"

3. Life and Luxury profile image83
    Life and Luxuryposted 4 years ago

A college friend from Japan I went to school with. I lost her address and phone number and her email address no longer worked. It has been impossible to locate her. I miss her a lot.

4. Rchrdsnc profile image84
    Rchrdsncposted 4 years ago

I cannot think of a single person without at the same time thinking of dozens, if not literally hundreds.  I miss a lot of people I used to know.

5. maharg1956 profile image71
    maharg1956posted 4 years ago

There are just too many. I look back at my life, from childhood to now, which is 50 years and I realise that I have known so many great people who, sadly, I have lost touch with.

It happens, sadly, that as our lives change and we either move house or change job, we lose touch with people.

We always intend to maintain contact but, reality is, we never do because our new direction in life tends to overtake everything else and dominate what we are doing.

I sometimes wonder, though, if there are any people out there who miss me! Whilst I look back on old friendships and acquaintances and recall people who were such a big part of my life, for a while at least, I wonder if any of them look back and think of me and wish they had not lost touch with me??

6. BuffaloGal1960 profile image74
    BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years ago

Great question. I lost an address book (someone actually stole it) and therefore lost contact with a friend in Colorado Springs. She moved there from Central America where we were neighbors and became such good friends.  Because we both moved a lot, we lost connection.  When I finally caught up with her son through social media, I found that both she and her husband walked on to the other side. I was incredibly sad.

7. Author Cheryl profile image87
    Author Cherylposted 4 years ago

In school we had a project that involved having a pen pal.  I was in 6th grade I think.  My pen pal and I wrote back and forth until I graduated from high school then all connections stopped.  I don't know why we stopped writing I guess life after school was too busy to keep in touch.  I will always remember the excitement I would get when I received a letter from her.  Her name was Penelope of which before I new better I thought it was Pen-a- Lope like cantaloupe lol

8. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 4 years ago

Yes, it will be my primary school friends. We were a team of five where we had lots of adventure together like searching for haunted houses, studying occults stuffs, looking for sea shells, etc. Those days were the happiest time of my life. I do miss them ...

9. Patty Inglish, MS profile image92
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years ago

Near the end of the Vietnam Conflict, I saw a Native American US Marine who was 19 and had served in Vietnam for a year.

He was at a gathering on the National Mall in Washgington DC and I was able to stand on the steps of the Lincoln Monument behind him as he spoke to the crowd, left and changed out of his formal Marine uniform, returned in full Plains Indian reglia, and danced for the crowd, which cheered.

The Marine returned to Vietnam afterward and I never learned any more about him. I gained great respect for Native Amerians that day and did not yet know about my own native ancestry. I still wonder about his life.

working