jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

You know I am a believer in our justice system but my only beef with it is this.

1. Sundaymoments profile image77
    Sundaymomentsposted 4 years ago

You know I am a believer in our justice system but my only beef with it is this...Your thoughts...

How can a Father (who has never been in trouble for abuse neither spousal or child) can have the mother of the child take there children across multiple state lines in the middle of the night and then refrain from disclosing the whereabouts of the children to the father and legally get away with it.

Then when the Father calls the police; the police informs the father the mother was and is within her rights cause she is the mother but let a father do the same thing and it would be considered parental kidnapping.

How is this fair?

2. CraftytotheCore profile image81
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Sadly, I have heard many cases such as this.  There are some states in the US that allow this to happen, while others don't allow a parental custodian to remove children across state lines without specific court permission - or at all.

1. barbat79 profile image76
      barbat79posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wow!  It is considered kidnapping in many states and unless that mother has reported to the D A in the home state, she can be arrested and jailed
      Follow this through to fruition, eventually there will be a phsyc eval and the truth will be seen.

3. barbat79 profile image76
    barbat79posted 4 years ago

See comments below, please.  A "falase accusation" will be a real problem for the mother after the phsyc eval.  Patience is the key as hard and terrible it feels in the interim.  The pshyc will determine whether the children have truly been abused or not.   

The justice system is not perfect.  I agree, but this is what we have to follow and use to get through tough realities. 

I know of a case where the father had not been paying child support for years and is permitted to remain free (in another state)  20 years!  Some states assign interest and reach out to arrest, and others do not.
    It isn't fair, but then again, no one ever promised fairness in life.

So utilize the system and this situation will be resolved.  Lawyers are a necessary tool.  Best wishes to you.