jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you believe that our Justice system works?

1. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

Do you believe that our Justice system works?

Do you believe that it is fair and unbias?  If not, do you think that the Justice System should be reformed?

2. MartieCoetser profile image90
    MartieCoetserposted 6 years ago

No. It is merely a deterrent with no mercy for plaintiff or defendant.

3. Silva Hayes profile image91
    Silva Hayesposted 6 years ago

I believe that our criminal justice system needs a complete overhaul.  I have written two hubs about this.  I particularly have a concern about our District Court judges.  There is little or no oversight; there's no consistency; they seem to do as they please and sometimes their decisions are incomprehensible and disparity in sentencing is rampant.

4. OutsideTheLines profile image60
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

It's a heck of a lot better than some less fortunate countries, but I don't think it's working. They waste billions imprisoning petty marijuana users and they're predominantly what makes up our state penitentiaries. If they would skip imprisonment for selling or possessing a natural plant and just give them a fine they would save money by not having to care for inmates and make a lot from the fines being shelled out.

5. mcrawford76 profile image85
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

No. I think we have lost the idea of "innocent until proven guilty". I think it's the other way around. You are assumed guilty until you can prove your innocence. I think that money and corruption have always lived in our judicial system. I do not think that judges should be able to stay on the bench indefinitely. I do not think that attorneys should be rewarded for winning a case.

I think the entire system is flawed.

6. Attikos profile image78
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

It depends on who you are and what you want it to do. It's working just fine as a protector of the interests the sociopolitical establishment, for instance. On the other hand, if you're looking for justice in it, it isn't working well atall.

7. ShootersCenter profile image73
    ShootersCenterposted 6 years ago

OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony are just examples of how poorly the system works. It's time for changes in the justice, tax and political systems.