jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

To all women out there, do YOU consider yourself beautiful, attractive, average,

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

To all women out there, do YOU consider yourself beautiful, attractive, average, plain, or

unattractive? Be truthful in your assessement.
    Women in this society are primarily judged upon their looks/attractiveness factor.  The more attractive a woman is, the easier she has it in life, particularly career-wise, particularly if she is in a high visible career. Women who are average, plain and/or unattractive oftentimes have it harder, especially in terms of jobs.  They tend to have a harder time being hired and getting promoted although they possess stellar educational qualifications.  They also must consistently prove themselves in order to be noticed. 

2. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 4 years ago

Somewhere between plain and average, I think. Even at my most self-deprecating, I also think that it's probably possible to improve that assessment if I cared to adhere to society's ideal of attractiveness. I'd have to agree that physical appearance has a lot more to do with success than anyone wants to acknowledge. Like it or not, we make subconscious judgements about people, and people always like to see attractiveness more than something that's plain or ugly.

3. NornsMercy profile image61
    NornsMercyposted 4 years ago

I'm average all the way around. It's actually what inspired me to write a hub about being average (lol). It suits my personality because I hate attention!

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

As a man I find it interesting that no one ever asks a (man) if he considers himself to be handsome or attractive. Could it be that men don't worry about such things as women do? In all honesty I believe "beautiful people" will always be given breaks and courted by those who long to have them in their presence. This goes for both genders.
    Having said that I believe when it comes to appearance women are more competitive with one another than men are. After every "awards show" you see women attacking what other women wore on "the red carpet". They clamor to buy magazines that show a female celebrity has cellulite, spider veins, or some other believed flaw in order to make themselves feel better. You don't see men looking for flaws in Denzel Washington, George Clooney, or Bradley Cooper.
    Then again must men have the belief that the more money, power, and success they have the more attractive they are to women. :-)

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I used to be okay looking, but I am 62 and would say I have not aged well.  Overweight, disabled, blah blah blah. Thankfully, I have a husband who adores me and a couple of great kids and a couple of dear grand girls so I avoid mirrors!  So no, I am no longer particularly attractive, but I'm a nice person if that counts! smile