jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

In the long run, do you think legalizing marijuana will actually lesson it's usa

1. IDONO profile image81
    IDONOposted 3 years ago

In the long run, do you think legalizing marijuana will actually lesson it's usage as a whole?

Back in the 60s and 70s, when I smoked pot like so many others did, it seemed like half of the so called  "rush" was the fact that it was illegal. Not socially acceptable. That you would be labeled a "dope smokin' hippie". In other words, half of the buzz was the risk. With that exhilaration of risk taken away, will people be more ho-hum about it thus less interest in it's use.
                                        PLEASE! NO SOAPBOXES HERE!

2. Tolovaj profile image87
    Tolovajposted 3 years ago

Marijuana with all the pros and cons is still a drug. It can be used and abused and I am sure the usage would go up with legalizing. With our society craving for instant pleasure and running away from any kind of responsibility this would be just another way to switch off.

Smoking (cigarettes, joints, whatever) is still unhealthy for thousands of reasons and most efficient way to enjoy in this drug is smoking.

When administration gets used to collect taxes on the marijuana, it will create just the same controversy as tobacco or alcohol.

1. IDONO profile image81
      IDONOposted 3 years agoin reply to this

True. But when running away from responsibility, don't many turn to there neighborhood pharmacy for drugs to alter their mood to make them functional, on a daily basis? Not many pot smokers have to smoke to function and don't get anxious without it.

3. TwerkZerker profile image92
    TwerkZerkerposted 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure that most of the problems we have with marijuana would solve themselves if it was fully legalized.

For starters, if it was legal to farm marijuana in America, then Americans could stop buying it from Mexican drug cartels. Win-win, as far as I can tell.

I mean, yeah, marijuana still has the potential to be abused, but so do Pseudoephedrine and NyQuil. Eventually, those who'd routinely abuse it would find out first-hand why it was illegal in the first place.

1. IDONO profile image81
      IDONOposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for a sensible answer. Refreshing.

working